1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
No Longer Naive in the Ways of The Beast
After having lived for years with ME/CFS, Jody Smith learned there's more to this beast of an illness than she realized, and that what might help one person may not help others ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lactic (organic) Acid Symptoms - from CFS Australian Study - You'll be surprised!

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by Cort, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Check out a questionnaire developed by Bioscreen in Australia to assess symptoms associated with lactic acid (and other organic acid buildup) in the gut. It's very interesting how lactic acid can cause both physiological and 'mood' problems. It really bridges the gap.

Herr's the study from the SACFC Newsletter - the questionnaire is attached

http://sacfs.asn.au/news/2008/03/03_07_lactic_acid_study.htm

Documents relate

Attached Files:

2. sandgroper

sandgroper

west australia
    Unfortunately even though the study is in the nearest capital city to the one I live in its still several hours flying to get there. Certainly I have the burning muscles that suggest the Lactic acid problem. When I read the questionaire it was interesting to note the last question was about "the idea" that something is wrong with your body. Surely we are past the idea that we think we are ill (or maybe not). After all we still have really hopeless guidelines in use by our GPs.

Its always been hard to participate in trials due to the severity of my condition. That is another thing that is not taken into consideration when these studies are designed. That is the most severely effected are not represented.

That said it is truly wonderful that the researchers are prepared to provide their own funding. Very sad that they have to though.
    Cheers
  3. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    I am currently being recruited to a research study where these two men (Drs Butt and Buttfield) are the head researchers. I'm assuming it is another study, as this one was started in 2008, however it could be the same one. I will know more in a couple of weeks time (17th Feb) when I get the paperwork and talk to the doctor who is recruiting patients.
  4. Glynis Steele

Glynis Steele Senior Member

Newcastle upon Tyne UK
    Hi Francelle,

I a wondering whether you could let us know if this is the D-Lactic study, after your appointment, and when you have had a chance to look at the paperwork? And also, how long a time line might be involved, before the results are known to you.

Thank you.

Glynis
  5. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    Yes Glynis I will post here when I know more details of the particular study I'll be recruited into.

See more popular forum discussions.