1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Lack of a single protein could lead to lifelong viral infection

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Ecoclimber, Jun 14, 2012.

1. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Mercer Island Wa
    Lack of a single protein could lead to lifelong viral infection

The difference between a virus getting cleared out of the body or a virus staying in the body forever – think HIV or hepatitis C – may come down to a single protein, according to a new study.

The study also looked at immune system defects that occur as a consequence of missing or altered versions of the protein, pointing to a signaling pathway in the body that may be a useful target for treatment of persistent viral infections, which affect hundreds of millions of people worldwide.

http://medicalxpress.com/news/2012-06-scientists-lack-protein-results-persistent.html

Eco

2. Waverunner

Waverunner Senior Member

Nothing but science is going to get us out of this situation. The faster science works, the sooner we will get healthy again. This is a very interesting study, thanks for posting it.

3. Enid

Enid Senior Member

UK
    Very interesting - thanks Ecoclimber.

See more popular forum discussions.