• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Labs at Cost--What to ask for?

leela

Hi all,
I have the opportunity to do labs at cost (thus only tests available through non-specialty labs)
and I wonder what I should ask my new doc (not an ME specilialist) to run?

Are Organic acids/Amino acids/cortisol something that is done through labs like Quest or
what have you?

What other tests should I ask for? NK cell function? I'm drawing a blank.

Suggestions most welcome.

Ema

Here's my list of basic initial testing...you could check against Quest or Labcorp's testing menu.

I've heard good things about the saliva cortisol panel at Labcorp though have not used it myself. I would not bother with Lyme testing other than with IgeneX or Neuroscience.

You could certainly also add NK cell function or CD4/8 testing on as well.

Tests:
Basic/Vits/Mins:

Comprehensive Metabolic Panel
Vitamin D
Vitamin B12/MMA
Magnesium
Full Iron Panel (Serum Iron, TIBC/UIBC, % sat), Ferritin
Hormone Tests:
Saliva Cortisol 4x/day (ZRT/Canary Club)
TSH/FT3/FT4/RT3
TPOAb/TGAb (Thyroid Antibodies)
Day 21 (if cycling female) Sex Hormone Labs (Estradiol, Progesterone, Free Testosterone)
Viral/Bacterial Infection Testing:
EBV - chronic panel
CMV - IgG and IgM
HHV-6 - IgG and IgM
Lyme (Western Blot through IgeneX) (DR)
Hepatitis B/C
Mycoplasma pneumonia - IgM and IgG
Metabolism/Gut Function Testing:
Methylation Panel (DR)- Health Diagnostics and Research Institute
540 Bordentown Avenue, Suite 4930
South Amboy, NJ 08879
USA
Phone: (732) 721-1234
Fax: (732) 525-3288

Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA) (DR)- http://www.gdx.net/product/10140

*GG*

My Dr did the organic acid testing (OATs) but used Great Plains Lab, he uses the other labs you mentioned, not sure why he did the OATs testing at GPL.

GG

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
GPL does certain things more carefully than other labs. CDSA is another thing that's useful to send there rather than other labs (other labs may miss obvious infections, according to my doctors)

Dreambirdie

work in progress
Hey leela--what conclusions have you come to about which lab tests to do?

I am trying to pick out a few myself. I've spent so much money in the past, with few significant results, so I want to pick the cream of crop this time.

Anyone else here who has an idea about the TOP TEN tests, please chirp in as well.