• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

l methylfolate and trouble breathing

Anyone know why this could be happening and how to counteract it? Folate is the only thing that gives me energy and takes care of my anxiety and depression. I need to be on it, but I feel like breathing takes a lot of effort sometimes like the muscles to breathe are weak or something. I've suspected low potassium. I take a tablespoon of K gluconate at night but haven't noticed an improvement.

@Freddd

amaru7

Idk, Methylfolate can cause overmethylators issues, if taken in high dosages (5mg+) which is not the case with you.

How do you know that its the methylfolate causing this, when you take it in conjunction with a B-Complex?

Gondwanaland

Anyone know why this could be happening and how to counteract it? Folate is the only thing that gives me energy and takes care of my anxiety and depression. I need to be on it, but I feel like breathing takes a lot of effort sometimes like the muscles to breathe are weak or something. I've suspected low potassium. I take a tablespoon of K gluconate at night but haven't noticed an improvement.

@Freddd
I had just that and I suspect it is from increased acidity and called it "pre-acidosis" state. Wht helped me was sodium bicarbonate foot baths and magnesium oxide orally.

Gondwanaland

It can also be thiamine deficiency induced by folate. If you are going to supplement extra thiamine, start low (10mg?) with small amounts of potassium (50mg?) and titrate both up slowly observing your reaction.