Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

l methylfolate and trouble breathing

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by dead.money, Mar 12, 2015.

1. dead.money

dead.money

Anyone know why this could be happening and how to counteract it? Folate is the only thing that gives me energy and takes care of my anxiety and depression. I need to be on it, but I feel like breathing takes a lot of effort sometimes like the muscles to breathe are weak or something. I've suspected low potassium. I take a tablespoon of K gluconate at night but haven't noticed an improvement.

@Freddd

2. dead.money

dead.money

Btw it's not an allergic reaction and I'm taking it as part of a low dose methylated b complex.

3. amaru7

amaru7 Senior Member

Idk, Methylfolate can cause overmethylators issues, if taken in high dosages (5mg+) which is not the case with you.

How do you know that its the methylfolate causing this, when you take it in conjunction with a B-Complex?

4. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

I had just that and I suspect it is from increased acidity and called it "pre-acidosis" state. Wht helped me was sodium bicarbonate foot baths and magnesium oxide orally.

jepps likes this.
  5. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

It can also be thiamine deficiency induced by folate. If you are going to supplement extra thiamine, start low (10mg?) with small amounts of potassium (50mg?) and titrate both up slowly observing your reaction.

jepps likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.