• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

L Carnitine stops working after a few weeks

Grigor

So it stops working after a while. I tried it a few years ago. Went up to 9 pills of Sigma Tau. Then boom nothing.

Same happens again at the moment. Sad because I do feel it's working somehow.
Anyone else experiences the same??
Does anyone know why?

Seven7

Seven
What I understand is that for mito (energy production ) is recommended in combo, I wonder if that might help.
At this time I do not remember the slides from where I got them so pls research but here is the winning combo:

1)COQ10 200mg (I do 800mg and I was told to do as much as it makes me feel good, I feel great but too expensive to try more)
2)ACL=1,000mg+ALA = 400mg (comes together in one pill)
3)NAC = 1,000mg

Depending where you read it they add a few others but mostly are these 4. I hope this helps.

pogoman

So it stops working after a while. I tried it a few years ago. Went up to 9 pills of Sigma Tau. Then boom nothing.

Same happens again at the moment. Sad because I do feel it's working somehow.
Anyone else experiences the same??
Does anyone know why?

You may have run low on other cofactors of mito energy.

IMO the core factors are coq10, l-carnitine and riboflavin.
These are important for ATP and FAD processes.
Other muscle building supplements may also help such as creatine, choline, d-ribose and l-aspartic acid.

PS if you want to read interesting stuff about riboflavin and mito/muscle diseases (the B2 thread is too long now), google "riboflavin responsive" and read up.

Last edited:

Grigor

Hmm yeah... I have to check that stuff. Right now I'm trying to get up to a whole tablet. It's almost impossible lol.

prioris

Wouldn't a winning energy combo for mitochondrial health be
Ubiquinol
PQQ
Shilajit (optional)