• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

L-Carnitine Fumarate for Mitochondria support

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I have/had no problem taking this. I cannot take Alcar. Will this work for mitochondrial support ?

Tag me please

Duh never mind. Got it. You can tell I need mitochondria support.

Anyone use Vitacost? Some reviews say it smells off.

Last edited:

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
@ahmo, I'm not doing that, just want mito support. Can't think of what "that" is. Oh Methylation. I have some LCF but the company no longer makes it. Vitacost has a bottle of 300 but many comments about it smelling bad/off.

Also I was just going to look for the post where you asked me about mycoplasma testing. I found this for you from Dr. Garth Nicolson.

http://www.immed.org/clinical testing/ClinicalTesting2015.pdf

Last edited:

ahmo

oh dear, now I'll have to find the thread asking about the testing.;) thanks.

ETA: got it.

Yes, sorry to add extra info. Mito support.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mary

Moderator Resource
@minkeygirl - you might try Doctor's Best LCF if you don't want to go with the Vitacost brand - you can get it at both Vitacost and iherb. I've used both the vitacost brand and Doctor's Best, and cannot tell if one was better than the other. And yes, LCF should help with mitochondrial support.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I looked at it but it's very expensive. Vitacost is $25 for 300 capsules.

Pureformulas has 15% off doctors best if you want to stock up.