1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

L-carnitine fumarate dosage and timing question?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by chilove, Feb 14, 2012.

1. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hi Fredd and all,

Can you please give me some guidelines on how much L-carnitine fumarate to take and when? I could really use some energy and am eager to see if it will help.

Thanks so much!

Audrey

2. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    I find 2 of the 500mg tablets gives me some energy. I've taken up to 5 of them in a day. You might want to start with one though. I got a headache the first couple of days until I was used to it. Good luck! I find it helps exercise tolerance to some degree.

3. Rosebud Dairy

Rosebud Dairy Senior Member

This seems to be helping me too.

Just not sure of dosing/timing.

4. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    HI Rosebud,

I started with 125mg and this hit harder for longer than anything else I have taken. After about 9 months I was up to 500mg once a day. I went to 1000 and went back down. More made no difference. I take it 30 minutes or more before food in the morning. Alpha lipoic acid is said to increase the l-carnitine fumarate efficiency by 50% or so.

See more popular forum discussions.