1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and Beating the Clock
For Jody Smith, the ticking of a clock was enough at one time to chase her back to her bed. But with the passage of time, she has been able to reclaim her living room ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

L-carnitine fumarate dosage and timing question?

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by chilove, Feb 14, 2012.

1. chilove

chilove Senior Member

Hi Fredd and all,

Can you please give me some guidelines on how much L-carnitine fumarate to take and when? I could really use some energy and am eager to see if it will help.

Thanks so much!

Audrey
  2. L'engle

L'engle moderate ME

Canada
    I find 2 of the 500mg tablets gives me some energy. I've taken up to 5 of them in a day. You might want to start with one though. I got a headache the first couple of days until I was used to it. Good luck! I find it helps exercise tolerance to some degree.
  3. Rosebud Dairy

Rosebud Dairy Senior Member

This seems to be helping me too.

Just not sure of dosing/timing.
  4. Freddd

Freddd Senior Member

Salt Lake City
    HI Rosebud,

I started with 125mg and this hit harder for longer than anything else I have taken. After about 9 months I was up to 500mg once a day. I went to 1000 and went back down. More made no difference. I take it 30 minutes or more before food in the morning. Alpha lipoic acid is said to increase the l-carnitine fumarate efficiency by 50% or so.

See more popular forum discussions.