1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Nitric oxide and its possible implication in ME/CFS (Part 1 of 2)
Andrew Gladman explores the current and historic hypotheses relating to nitric oxide problems in ME/CFS. Part 1 of a 2-part series puts nitric oxide under the microscope and explores what it is, what it does and why it is so frequently discussed in the world of ME/CFS. Part 1 focuses...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Kratum and Nerve Pain

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by Mya Symons, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Has anybody here with nerve pain ever try Kratum. It is supposed to act like an opiate, but work better for nerve pain. It is also addictive like opiates, as I understand.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitragyna_speciosa

If anyone has taken it and knows how it works for nerve pain, please post here.
    Xandoff likes this.
  2. Xandoff

Xandoff Michael

Northern Vermont
    Thanks for posting, I know nothing of Kratum except what I read on wikipedia. I do not understand why there is not a PAIN FORUM on PR? I mean isn't pain one of the KEY components of this illness. Does anyone with this illness not experience pain? Just my humble question and OPINE from a PR member who lives with pain.
    anna8 and brenda like this.
  3. Mya Symons

Mya Symons Mya Symons

Wyoming
    Hmmm. Is Cort here? Could we get a separate category under pain, pain treatments etc.?
    SaraM and Xandoff like this.
  4. Xandoff

Xandoff Michael

Northern Vermont
    Cort is no longer at PR. I have asked for a category under pain but to no avail. I will ask it one more time. Who with this illness does not deal with pain? God Bless those who have no pain for the illness is horrible. We NEED more information from members on how THEY cope with pain and how they treat it.​
    SaraM likes this.
  5. kbak

kbak

I have bad nerve pain. I would love to see a pain forum! I'd give anything to have good input on whats working for people.
    Xandoff likes this.
  6. Xandoff

Xandoff Michael

Northern Vermont
    I hate to be a broken record but.......How can Phoenix Rising represent the problems of this illness without a Pain forum? As Spock would say....it does not compute. It would be like having a Nascar Website with no cars. I don't understand. The forum list needs to be culled and a Pain forum should be added. Just my Humble opine.
  7. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

I agree with you, Xandoff. Pain is a very serious and debilitating part of this illness. A pain forum would be most helpful.
  8. liquid sky

liquid sky Senior Member

"Has anybody here with nerve pain ever try Kratum. It is supposed to act like an opiate, but work better for nerve pain. It is also addictive like opiates, as I understand. "

I had never heard of Kratum until now. It does sound interesting.

See more popular forum discussions.