• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klonopin and chronic fatigue syndrome

Hugocfs

I started on klonopin around 1998 and had my first bit of fatigue in 2005, a more significant bout of fatigue at the end of 2007, and chronic fatigue starting in September of 2009. Is there any evidence that klonopin can lead to chronic fatigue syndrome? Has anyone with cfs been on klonopin and had significant improvement after tapering off? About the only thing I can find on the net is klonopin as a treatment for cfs!

Nielk

I was put on Klonopin for sleep problems due to ME/CFS. At first it really helped me sleep and I felt somewhat better.
After taking it for several years I developed a dependency for it and had to discontinue taking it. Now it's almost a year since I'm off Klonopin. I still have ME/CFS. I don't think that it's a cure at all but, many patients with ME/CFS, have a reduction of their symptoms while taking Klonopin.

I was given Klonopin for sleep issues and instead it has caused complete insomnia!! I think it messes with all our hormones--- melatonin, cortisol, and my progesterone tanked! I know it helps some people, but BAD for me!!