1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Never Ask Us if We're Hungry -- The Answer's Always No
There are three of us here and for many years, none of us ever got hungry. When our brains would turn to mush, when our faces would go numb, and we would start the invisible vibration which is the signature dance of ME/CFS, we knew we needed to eat.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Klinghardt's Parasite Protocol - Compounding chemist in Australia?

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by end, Jan 24, 2014.

1. end

end Senior Member

Last edited: Jan 24, 2014
  2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    Heaps might know.
    end likes this.
  3. end

end Senior Member

minkeygirl I'm not sure what that means

Are you saying heaps of people know who is best?
  4. SOC

SOC Moderator and Senior Member

USA
    We have a knowledgeable member from Australia named @heapsreal who many of us call "Heaps" for short. I've tagged him here, so maybe he'll see this and chime in. :)
    minkeygirl and end like this.
  5. end

end Senior Member

From the link above I need:

4x 600mg Biltricide = $19 Chemist wearhouse
    224x 3mg Ivermectin = $1300 Chemist wearhouse
    56x 250mg Pyrantel = $93 Chemist wearhouse
    56x 400mg Albendazole = $180 Chemist wearhouse
    56x 500mg Nitazoxanide = $160 Sydney compounding chemist

There MUST be an error in the Ivermectin dosage 12mg 4 times a day sounds high, way to expensive = $1300!
  6. heapsreal

heapsreal iherb 10% discount code OPA989,

australia (brisbane)
    Wish I could help but dont know much about this stuff.
    Are they antiparacitic meds??
    Flagyl can help with parasites as well as some bacterial infections.
    end likes this.
  7. end

end Senior Member

Hi mate

Yes, they are. Oh yes have been on that in the past.

Need a compounding chemist(which really only needs to do the Nitazoxanide)that is well priced, any ideas?

It's a broad spectrum type with a methodical dosing schedule you will see that "Lamp" posted back in 2011(see link) - it would be great if he/she could chime in and clarify the ivermectin dosage? Before I go ahead and purchase 224 tabs of the ivermectin stuff and dose myself with 48mg a day.

The useral dosage is 12mg a day, or 200mcg per kg.....
  8. Sea

Sea Senior Member

NSW Australia
    I don't know anything about this online chemist, but they have the Ivermectin for less than half of that price.

http://mdonlinestore.com/catalog/Antibiotics/Stromectol.htm?currency=2

There's a compounding chemist in Lismore (northern NSW) called Blooms, but surely there'd be one on the Gold Coast as well? I don't know that any of them are cheap for compounding.
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2014
    end likes this.
  9. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    broadbeach compounding chemist but think they mostly do hormone stuff but worth a try. http://www.goldcoasthealthcare.com/...mcal-chempro-compounding-chemist#.UuRJLNI_7s0

https://www.custommedicine.com.au/shop/ havent used these guys yet but seem to have a wide variety.

THe next link is a compounding pharmacy in Aspley they made my antibiotic nasal spray http://www.thinkpharmacy.com.au/service/think-compound/ not 100% sure its the right pharmacy i have used?? but cant be too many in the one suburb.
    minkeygirl and end like this.
  10. minkeygirl

minkeygirl Senior Member

Left Coast
    If you find a few, shop around and get pricing because it can vary a lot. One thing some places do in the states is charge a set up fee on top of the meds.
    end and heapsreal like this.
  11. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    I toyed with this protocol a couple years ago. I was able to order most of the drugs from https://www.alldaychemist.com at a fraction the cost you're looking at paying. I've heard Australian customs can be somewhat difficult, but you might figure a way of utilizing online pharmacies for this.
    end likes this.
  12. Art Vandelay

Art Vandelay

Adelaide, Australia
    I've found the Slade Compoundia in Docklands (Melbourne) is pretty competitive for some compounded medications (see: http://www.slade.net.au/ ).

When I had Nitazoxanide many years ago, I think I got it from a compounding pharmacy in Sydney that was recommended by the Centre for Digestive Diseases, so they might have some ideas - http://www.cdd.com.au/
    end likes this.
  13. heapsreal

australia (brisbane)
    Clearsky pharmacy and nobledrugs I have found good reliable online pharmacies. Somethings are better priced then locally and some arent. Need to have a good look around.
    end likes this.
  14. end

end Senior Member

Thanks so much guys. Really appreciate it!
  15. end

end Senior Member

Almost forgot!

Graeme how did the protocol affect you???

Side effects
    Results
    GI
    The tired but wired feelings - another poster in the link mentioned a marked reduction
  16. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

I bought everything online from magic pharma. I tried the protocol and would not recommend the high doses unless under the supervision of a doctor. I tried Biltricide for two days, the second day I woke up in the middle of the night and thought I was going mad, although later I felt that it helped a bit. The ivermectin was fine and effective till I took one tablet a day. When I moved to three, I had to go to A&E due to liver pain, that was two years ago. The other meds did not seem to help at all but this may be subjective.
    I think it pays more to keep to dosages and length of treatment as per labels but repeating short rounds over time rather than the hyper doses of the protocol. The best treatment for my "tired but wired" and anxiety feelings were Metronidazole (though other abx also helped a bit) and Ivermectin, they all kill parasites and that may not be a coincidence. I'd not try the protocol without taking at the same time massive doses of Milk Thistle.
    end likes this.
  17. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    Hi end,

I didn't see any real results from the protocol, but in all honesty I didn't get to finish it as outlined. I've had problems sensitizing to medications over the last few years, which makes interventions less appealing if they're not producing observable benefit. I think I managed to spend enough time on the protocol to judge that I wasn't killing anything. That said the one medication that did produce some die-off was mimosa pudica.

I've had a fair bit of success with my gut from eating fermented foods, eating a hell of a lot of garlic, a paleo diet, and taking an anti-parasitic homeopathic nosode. Just not consuming carbs and sugar starves these guys pretty badly. Throw a bunch of garlic down there and you'll start to feel them die. This works for candida too. The fermented foods helps to solidify gains. While the nosode gets your immune system to really clean house and can produce considerable die-off. After some time there was no more die-off. I've gone back on it to see what would happen and it seems I've ridded myself of some of the bugs.

I did a Metametrix CDSA and it seems my good bacteria levels are plentiful. My gut looks normal. I still got the "parasite present, taxonomy unknown" result, but they say this is nothing to get excited about, yet I'm not reassured. I have ongoing SIBO, but I don't think there's much I can do about that at this time.

I don't know what I think about the supposed rope parasite, but my next step is to try the Kalcker protocol.
    end likes this.
  18. end

end Senior Member

Thanks Xrunner Graeme...

It gets hard to know which direction to take at times, doesn't it.

I can't believe Metametrix STILL indicates a PPTU after doing this Klighardt protocol!

I have the same PPTU finding with the local Labs unable to find anything, I'm also "stuck"

I have read that there are up to 1000 parasites on the planet and only 50 or so are known to medical science. It may be the reason most Metametrix parasite findings are a PPTU?

I think parasite infection is the hardest pathogen to successfully test for... And I would NOT ignore your PPTU finding

Thanks for the alldaychemist suggestion as no other pharmacy came close in pricing, they take ages to post order....but I guess good things come to those who wait :)
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  19. Graeme

Graeme almost there...

Montreal
    @end

The other online pharmacy that's been great is
    http://www.brandmedicines.com/

BM doesn't have the inventory of ADC, but they're even cheaper and they offer free shipping around the world. If that isn't enough, when they send the email asking for money it's always considerably less than the tally upon checkout. I don't know why this is. I'm certainly not complaining. For anyone using these guys, make sure you wait for that email with the new price before wiring the money. I've been saving forty to fifty dollars each time.

Both these pharmacies have been 100% reliable in my experience. I remember first trying online pharmacies and having problems. Not anymore.
    end likes this.
  20. xrunner

xrunner Senior Member

My own experience with that protocol is more or less the same. You have more chances by focusing on smaller doses but repeating over time as parasites tend to be vulnerable during certain stages of their life-cycle. But again the K. protocol won't get rid of all parasites. In my case I also used Flagyl and natural methods some of which were very effective presumably against others the protocol didn't touch.
    end likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.