1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Mighty Egg: New Life Springs Forth Despite ME/CFS
Jody Smith finds that even with ME/CFS, new life as symbolized by the mighty egg, can still spring forth ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Klimas XMRV Lecture in Florida

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by _Kim_, Oct 25, 2009.

1. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Lecture by Nancy Klimas, M.D.: The New XMRV Virus and What it Means to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients

Date/Time: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 2-4pm

Location: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Rosenstiel Medical Science Building, 1600 NW 10th Avenue, 3rd floor auditorium, Miami, Florida.

Sponsored: By P.A.N.D.O.R.A. Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy Inc, a 501 c 3 patient advocacy organization headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, in partnership with CFSKnowledgecenter.com and the local empowerment/support groups in South Florida.

Cost: Free, space is limited

RSVP: The auditorium holds 150 and to ensure refreshments and a goodies bag is held for you, RSVP today to Elizabeth Goldberg at egoldberg@med.miami.edu or 305-243-3492.
  2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    Hi Kim...

Hey thanks for posting this Kim -- I just emailed Elizabeth and asked if they could videotape it and post it on YouTube...

I'll let you know what or if I hear anything back.

d.
  3. Rrrr

Rrrr Senior Member

klimas talk

any word on if this is out on video or youtube yet? or the transcript?
  4. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Hi Rrrrr,

The talk hasn't happened yet - it's scheduled for Nov. 7th
  5. zoe.a.m.

zoe.a.m. Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, Washington
    I am hoping against hope that this was recorded and will be available to view--Dr. Klimas has become the voice of reason, reasonable trepidation and hope (for me)!
  6. Samuel

Samuel Bedbound with NO DOCTOR

I wrote to the organizer and she said they would look into it.
  7. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    Someone just sent me this email. It looks good! :)

8. zoe.a.m.

zoe.a.m. Senior Member

Olympic Peninsula, Washington
    Fantastico!
  9. KC22

KC22 Senior Member

Ohio
    Thanks, Cort. Very encouraging!!:)
  10. Elisa

Elisa

Hi All,

I'm really excited to hear this lecture by Dr. Klimas on Nov 7, 2009. Please post a link when it's available...

Thanks Cort for your inspiring info!

Elisabeth
  11. _Kim_

_Kim_ Guest

Klimas interview

Carla-nl posted this on the WPI Facebook page:

12. Liberty

Liberty Guest

Waiting To Hear More

Hi Everyone,
    I am anxiously waiting to see the Dr. Klimas you tube. I am new to this website and forum.

I am so excited about the link between CFS and XMRV. I am a Canadian...eh!

I would like to get tested for XMRV in Ontario. Does anyone know of a reputable lab in Ontario, CAN....perhaps Koan....Thanks.

Liberty (Cathie)
  13. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
    All you need to do is get your doctor to sign off on the test and then get a lab to draw the blood and then just ship it off to VIPdx overnight. They'll do the test and give the doctor the results. VIPdx is the only lab licensed by the WPI to do the test.
  14. Findthetruth

Findthetruth Guest

Am I being paranoid?

Hi everybody
    Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place. Still a bit of a newbie. i have been searching the net now since the 8th and have not been able to locate any video footage of Dr. Kilmas lecture. If anybody has a link please post.
  15. Liberty

Liberty Guest

Thanks Cort

Thanks Cort,
    I didn't realize I could ship my blood across the border. I would hope that more labs will soon be able to test.

Liberty
  16. Elisa

Elisa

Dr Klimas XMRV lecture in Fl on Nov 7 2009 - Up Yet?

Hi All,

I am still searching for Dr Klimas's lecture in Florida - that took place on Nov 7th. Does anyone know if it's been posted? I have checked Dan's site daily...did I miss it?

Any help would be sooo appreciated.

Elisabeth
  17. Samuel

Got email today from one of the people who organized it. There are technical difficulties, but they hope to have it posted.
  18. Hi. There was talk it was embargoed a few weeks back.
    On balance, I guess it's better to be drip fed these little snippets of the science of XMRV as it gives us more time to dream of better days rather than having a one off buffet and being told the next news release is in 2010.

P.S it looks like the next news release on XMRV is in 2010!!!
  19. Elisa

Elisa

Thanks Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for the update! Do you know where the video will be posted - will it be on Dan's site?

Thanks so much,

Elisabeth
  20. Samuel

Hi Elisa,

I don't know. They might not know yet. I will post when I find out. Or somebody else will.

Samuel

See more popular forum discussions.