• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Klimas XMRV Lecture in Florida

K

_Kim_

Lecture by Nancy Klimas, M.D.: The New XMRV Virus and What it Means to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients

Date/Time: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 2-4pm

Location: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Rosenstiel Medical Science Building, 1600 NW 10th Avenue, 3rd floor auditorium, Miami, Florida.

Sponsored: By P.A.N.D.O.R.A. Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy Inc, a 501 c 3 patient advocacy organization headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, in partnership with CFSKnowledgecenter.com and the local empowerment/support groups in South Florida.

Cost: Free, space is limited

RSVP: The auditorium holds 150 and to ensure refreshments and a goodies bag is held for you, RSVP today to Elizabeth Goldberg at egoldberg@med.miami.edu or 305-243-3492.

dannybex

Hi Kim...

Lecture by Nancy Klimas, M.D.: The New XMRV Virus and What it Means to Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Patients

Date/Time: Saturday, November 7, 2009, 2-4pm

Location: University of Miami Miller School of Medicine, Rosenstiel Medical Science Building, 1600 NW 10th Avenue, 3rd floor auditorium, Miami, Florida.

Sponsored: By P.A.N.D.O.R.A. Patient Alliance for Neuroendocrineimmune Disorders Organization for Research and Advocacy Inc, a 501 c 3 patient advocacy organization headquartered in Coral Gables, Florida, in partnership with CFSKnowledgecenter.com and the local empowerment/support groups in South Florida.

Cost: Free, space is limited

RSVP: The auditorium holds 150 and to ensure refreshments and a goodies bag is held for you, RSVP today to Elizabeth Goldberg at egoldberg@med.miami.edu or 305-243-3492.

Hey thanks for posting this Kim -- I just emailed Elizabeth and asked if they could videotape it and post it on YouTube...

I'll let you know what or if I hear anything back.

d.

Rrrr

klimas talk

any word on if this is out on video or youtube yet? or the transcript?

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
Someone just sent me this email. It looks good! :)

She gave a fantastic lecture to a full house in Miami on Saturday (Nov. 7th) about XMRV and what it means to CFS patients as well as those with other neuroimmune disorders. I don't think I've seen her this excited about anything like this in 20 years. She truly believes this is a turning point and a time for us to offer encouragement to everyone suffering with this illness. She really stressed that we should be encouraging everyone we know and not let them give up hope now because we're just too close to solving this puzzle. Dan Moricoli made a video of the lecture so it should be up on his site before too long. It was excellent and very informative. She really knows her stuff and knows how to get the information across in a manner even I can understand! You'll be interested in watching the video when it's up and running.

K

_Kim_

Klimas interview

Carla-nl posted this on the WPI Facebook page:

MARK YOUR CALENDARS! Bob Mayer will be interviewing Dr. Klimas on NBC6 on Friday, November 13th during his South Florida Today show which airs from 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM. They will be discussing the XMRV retrovirus as well as other topics of interest to those of us in the CFS/ME community. You won't want to miss this interview. (further inquiries NBC6 or Pandora)

L

Liberty

Waiting To Hear More

Hi Everyone,
I am anxiously waiting to see the Dr. Klimas you tube. I am new to this website and forum.

I am so excited about the link between CFS and XMRV. I am a Canadian...eh!

I would like to get tested for XMRV in Ontario. Does anyone know of a reputable lab in Ontario, CAN....perhaps Koan....Thanks.

Liberty (Cathie)

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
All you need to do is get your doctor to sign off on the test and then get a lab to draw the blood and then just ship it off to VIPdx overnight. They'll do the test and give the doctor the results. VIPdx is the only lab licensed by the WPI to do the test.

F

Findthetruth

Am I being paranoid?

Hi everybody
Sorry if i am posting this in the wrong place. Still a bit of a newbie. i have been searching the net now since the 8th and have not been able to locate any video footage of Dr. Kilmas lecture. If anybody has a link please post.

L

Liberty

Thanks Cort

Thanks Cort,
I didn't realize I could ship my blood across the border. I would hope that more labs will soon be able to test.

Liberty

Dr Klimas XMRV lecture in Fl on Nov 7 2009 - Up Yet?

Hi All,

I am still searching for Dr Klimas's lecture in Florida - that took place on Nov 7th. Does anyone know if it's been posted? I have checked Dan's site daily...did I miss it?

Any help would be sooo appreciated.

Elisabeth

Samuel

Hi All,

I am still searching for Dr Klimas's lecture in Florida - that took place on Nov 7th. Does anyone know if it's been posted? I have checked Dan's site daily...did I miss it?

Any help would be sooo appreciated.

Elisabeth

Got email today from one of the people who organized it. There are technical difficulties, but they hope to have it posted.

C

cold_taste_of_tears

Hi. There was talk it was embargoed a few weeks back.
On balance, I guess it's better to be drip fed these little snippets of the science of XMRV as it gives us more time to dream of better days rather than having a one off buffet and being told the next news release is in 2010.

P.S it looks like the next news release on XMRV is in 2010!!!

Samuel

Hi Elisa,

I don't know. They might not know yet. I will post when I find out. Or somebody else will.

Samuel