Invisible Illness Awareness Week 2016: Our Voices Need to Be Heard
Never heard of Invisible Illness Awareness Week? You're not alone. Jody Smith sheds a little light to make it more visible
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Klimas' Study?

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by jimlau, Jan 16, 2018.

1. jimlau

jimlau

Dr Klimas was supposed to start a treatment trial in December on GWI, in which she said would apply to CFS. She said results would be quick. Anyone know how it's going?

Thanks.

perrier, Nickster and ljimbo423 like this.
  2. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    Isn't this just a CoQ10 study? Not very exciting imo.

3. jimlau

jimlau

It was my impression it was not CoQ10.

4. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
  5. jimlau

jimlau

heard her somewhere at a conference or in an interview, saying she was trying something new, starting in dec 2017.

6. hixxy

hixxy Senior Member

Australia
    It's possible it's not registered yet but that would mean it's also not recruiting yet.

7. Murph

Murph :)

she talks about it here. it's in gulf war illness but its promising! (this is not an update, sorry, just the original announcement you probably refer to)

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    JeanneD and ljimbo423 like this.
  8. ljimbo423

ljimbo423 Senior Member

United States, New Hampshire
    Fascinating video! She says they have learned how to "reboot" the system in animal models of GWI and took it to human trials before xmas, if I understood that right.

Silencio, Sushi, hixxy and 1 other person like this.
  9. perrier

perrier Senior Member

Thanks so much for posting this. Does anyone know what she is using to reboot the immune system?

Can someone explain how the treatment for Gulf war could help ME? She says there in the video that in gulf war everything is unregulated, and in ME down regulated, no communication in the pathways--even though they two conditions present similarly. What is she treating with? What did she use in the mouse models? How come we know nothing about this?

bctjr1993 likes this.
  10. perrier

perrier Senior Member

I don’t know how to use tag system. If someone can tag this to Jaime pls do.

As you Jaime work with Dr Davis, would you be able to find out what meds Dr Klimas is using for her study. She said in interviews it was to start in December on gulf war veterans, but she also said it was applicable to ME. She spoked of repurposed drugs. But which ones? I’m sure your group Jaime must know what Dr Klimas is doing. Thanks.

Waiting as life slips by is not for the faint of heart.

maybe some day and neweimear like this.
  11. Hip

Hip Senior Member

You just put the @ symbol in front of a person's username like this @perrier and they will automatically get tagged.

12. frederic83

frederic83 Senior Member

France
  13. AdamS

AdamS Senior Member

Not sure about the results, but it seems that there were 22 clinical trials for Gulf War Illness, from what Klimas says, the problem with CFS is funding for the subgrouping part, they've got the funding for the computational modelling etc:

There are tons of amazing insights in the interview, I found the parts about computational modelling of disease and subsquent drug repurposing particularly interesting. Full interview below for those who haven't already read it:

FULL INTERVIEW:
    https://www.cfs-me-network.com/2017/09/13/interview-nancy-klimas-cfs/

See more popular forum discussions.