Phoenix Rising: The Gift That Keeps on Giving All Year Long
This holiday season Jody Smith turns her eyes to the people of Phoenix Rising and gives thanks for you all ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Kirkman Labs, Methylcobalamin Concentrated Powder

Discussion in 'Detox: Methylation; B12; Glutathione; Chelation' started by Arizona, Aug 20, 2014.

1. Arizona

Arizona

2. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
  3. ahmo

ahmo Senior Member

Northcoast NSW, Australia
    Thanks for the link @minkeygirl One of the reviewers says
    Another comments on how fast this dissolves, compared to lozenges. This is the opposite of what we want. Freddd's experiences have shown that the longer it's in contact w/ gums, the better absorption.

4. whodathunkit

whodathunkit Senior Member

I don't understand why companies think they have to put sugar/sweetener in everything, especially stuff that's supposed to be healthy. Don't they know most health nuts who take supplements are trying to *get away* from sugar?!

At any rate, B12 has no taste at all. Why they would want to put sugar in it particularly is beyond me. :mad::mad::mad:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  5. SOC

SOC

I thought that between the gums and cheek doesn't give good mucosal contact so most of the B12 (or whatever) goes into the GI tract (not what we want) if you dissolve the lozenge there. I was told that it needs to be sublingual to be absorbed into the bloodstream in significant amounts. I was also told to move the lozenge around sublingually, rather than leave it in the same spot, to get the best absorption. Does anyone have any real facts about this?

6. Arizona

Arizona

I also would like to find a product that was purely methylcobalamin with nothing else added. The Jarrow Formulas mb12 have already caused the enamel to come off my teeth and my gums to recede.

I have read that studies have shown than sublingual is no more effective than swallowing the tablet.

See more popular forum discussions.