• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kindly asking for help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

taniaaust1

From Wendy Turners website:

Anxiety and stress can be an unwelcome gremlin in your life and can cause all manner of frustration and difficulties. If you suffer from anxiety yourself, I'm sure you will agree with me.

You may suffer with:

Stressful/disturbed sleep
Frequent tiredness
Lethargy
Constant feeling of adrenaline
and perhaps many other things that I've not mentioned here.

By working with me, some of the wonderful changes you can expect are:

Greater confidence in yourself
Refreshing sleep

Sounds like no awareness of the sleep issues of ME/CFS.

Wendy.. I have many different sleep issues with the ME/CFS (many ME/CFS patients dont have simple insomnia like many depressed patients do) but the main one I have which screws up my sleep is due to it is a severe circadian rhythm disorder in which the hormonal cycles in the body are all screwed up. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delayed_sleep_phase_syndrome

"It is responsible for 710% of patient complaints of chronic insomnia.[4] However, as few doctors are aware of it, it often goes untreated or is treated inappropriately; DSPS is often misdiagnosed as primary insomnia or as a psychiatric condition.[5] "

DSPS needs to be treated with light therapy and melatonin and isnt treated like the more normal kind of insomina at all, the normal insomina treatments arent recommended for that disorder and actually dont work well at all on this disorder.

The prevalence is "About 0.15% of adults, three in 2,000, have DSPS. " .. Seeing I have it as part of my ME as just one of its many symptoms, I bet a large number of ME patients also have the disorder so that is a false promise you are making there to say you can expect a change in sleep. (unless you can make ones body start producting melatonin and get the other hormones right.. I personally dont think you are going to be able to fix this kind of insomina)

"Constant feeling of adrenaline"

Id like to say it isnt just a feeling but our adrenaline is often actually sky high. My adrenaline was so high that they dismissed my first three urine tests as they didnt believe the results. Mine is sky high even when Im going throu a very calm time with no stimulation. Not sure how you would fix issue with the actual body itself (rather then the mind) causing excess adrenaline.

Andrew

In the mean time, I would be really happy to offer you any help I can, so please do ask questions. Having lived this myself I know hos stressful and devastating and scary it can be. Between myself and my network of recoverers and other professionals I will help as much as I can so I really look forward to your help and questions. :thumbsup:

There is nothing that usually helps or often helps. What we have with CFS (and the other neuroimmune illness) is a lot of small studies and anecdotal reports about things that sometimes help improve symptoms for some subjects but not others. And the general pattern for patients is that with each new promised cure, a bunch of patients try it out and most have no improvements. Some get worse. But every so often one of us gets lucky.

Spring

I always distrust people who come with therapies in their first posts.
All my thoughts are allready been written, so I don't have to make myself angree. So thank you all!

Tulip, I just want to reply to this: "I do believe she is referring to CFS/ME and not the real neurological disease ME. CFS/ME being the made up Wessely school syndrome."

I live in the USA, have lived with CFS for 25 years, diagnosed using Canadian criteria. If I call my illness CFS/ME on this forum, out of respect for the posting population that lives outside of the US, I've apparently blundered into dangerous territory. I put CFS first because that's what it's called here, where I live.

I just want people to know that inside the murk that is my brain, this is the best I can do. I understand that there are political issues that effect all of us, around the naming of this illness. I just can't keep up with it all - not for lack of trying!

Madietodd - you don't need to explain yourself, it's cool. I'm in Australia where 99.9% of doctors refer to it as CFS as well.

sleepy237

Which of the therapies you now practice helped you the most? Perhaps recovered sufferers may help most by sharing their personal experience of recovery? If you have a wide network including professionals I find it difficult to conceive that you are having to ask such questions. If you have been part of the CFS/ME community you forget easily. Good luck.

kurt

OK, this is a personal opinion and not a 'mod' comment....

There are CFS and ME patients who have been helped by these types of therapies, I think Wendy deserves a chance. Treatment for anxiety in particular can help a CFS patient deal with the terrible neurological amplification of ordinary stress that we experience. Complimentary therapies can be useful coping strategies for any disease. As long as she refrains from making illegal and unethical claims of these therapies being curative, avoids promoting her own services, and sticks with the 'complimentary' angle, I don't see any problem with her survey, so long as it is a regular forum survey and we all see the results. In fact, I think it would be very interesting to see honest answers from forum members to her survey, see what THAT reveals....

Dainty

MOD: Wendy Turner,

Your interest in our community has been noted. Unfortunately there are inconsistencies in your story here and information elsewhere that are of concern to us. Please contact me privately for discussion of these matters before participating further on this forum.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.