Dannybex just posted an interesting problem in his very evocative story - kelp. http://forums.phoenix-cfs.org/showthread.php?t=318 After my mercury problems from eating a lot of fish I'm worried about everything in the sea. Mercury and heavy metals are dumped into the sea through the burning of fossil fuels. They disperse out through the waters - essentially they are everywhere - certainly in small amounts but still...I am wary about kelp and seaweed - although I love seaweed - it has a calming effect on me. It's also possible that Danny cannot kelp from an area that had local pollution problems or that it is a potent detoxifier and it just pushed too many toxins out. That numbness and tingling reminds me very much of my experience with Mercury and fish. Any ideas?