• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

KDM visit tomorrow

Hi

I am flying to Belgium to see KDM for my second appointment tomorrow. I haven't received a final report from him yet but the clinic have told me to come back and that all my results are back - apart from a stool sample as i am not very good at pooing on demand.

Can anyone advise on questions i should ask, other than:
1) Is there actually anything wrong with me?
2) What do my results mean?
3) Can you actually help me / what treatments do you recommend and what are the implications (costs and practicalities of these?)

I just though others who have been through the process might have some suggestions.

Also, with regard to the poo test (FOB - Transf + lactof-calprot) - does anyone know what this is for and if its an important one? Praying for some mass movement today so i can take it with me. Otherwise i will have to send it over to him which cost 50 quid last time (as if it isn't costing enough already).

Hoping for some answers and feeling nervous i am not going to get any - or worse than that, be told that there is nothing wrong.....

cigana

The poo test is to look for microbial imbalance and pathogens. He might prescribe something depending on the results.

I'd be very surprised if he says there's nothing wrong, it would be the first time I've heard that!

Don't get too worried about this appointment, anything he does will take years, and you will get used to this being a long term process, although in the beginning it doesn't feel like that.
You can always post your results here and we might be able to comment, as we've seen lots of these already.