New Atmosphere, New Vision: Gibson and Whittemore Kick Off Invest in ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry reports on Dr. Gibson's introduction and Dr. Whittemore's keynote speech, at the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

KDM clinic appointment Monday

Discussion in 'ME/CFS Doctors' started by justy, Nov 22, 2014.

1. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Hi, I am in the clinic Monday 23rd for one day , will be having first IVIG and consult and echo.
    Anybody here going to be around there on Monday?

Ritto, Gingergrrl, halcyon and 2 others like this.
  2. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    Good luck @justy. Hope it goes well.

3. duncan

duncan Senior Member

Justy, if I recall correctly, you also struggle with Lyme and Bartonella. I wonder if they've checked you for Babesia? Just with your respiratory symptoms...

Anyway, will he be doing anything specifically for Lyme & Company? If you've already spoken to this, I apologize. I am just curious what happens when ME/CFS clinicians bump up against Lyme. Just so you know, Enlander is my ME physician, and he wanted to treat me for both.

4. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    Havent been tested for Babs, but I do have Cpn. KDM is big on treating Lyme and co infections. He offers oral abx, iv abx and herbals as well as other treatments. I am starting with ivig as he thinks my immune system is really struggling with all the infections - I also have some autoantibodies so the ivig may help this as well.

I was meant to start with oral abx, but have problems with all 3 I have tried so far...

Glad you are seeing Enlander, he would have been my other choice as he does SKYPE consults and visits London to see patients.

ukxmrv, Sushi, duncan and 2 others like this.
  5. Hanna

Hanna Senior Member

Jerusalem, Israel
    Good luck too Justy!
    Hope the IVIG will bring you some good reaction.

Sushi and justy like this.
  6. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    Best wishes @justy and am so glad the day has finally arrived that you will have your consult, echo, and start the IVIG. Please keep us posted and have a safe journey :hug:.

Valentijn and xchocoholic like this.
  7. justy

justy Senior Member

U.K
    complete fail. Made it as far as checking in at Eurostar terminal - shaking by the time I got out the car then assaulted by the noise, lights, crowds, smells etc. Sat shaking, twitching and crying in my wheelchair in departures and soon realised that I am not well enough to go.

5 hour car journey to get that far and now at my mums in west London for the night and home again tomorrow. Perversely I am jut not well enough to go to Belgium to have treatment... feeling pretty despondent and very worn out tonight. So sad I couldn't make it, but I realise that getting there, doing a whole day at the clinic and then coming all the way home again on Tuesday was too much.

Its not as if KDM was going to give me a magic pill tomorrow to make me all better - itinvolves once a month trips like this and could make me much worse. Scared to lose any more ground. Looking forward to going home tomorrow...

zzz, Little Bluestem, Hanna and 6 others like this.
  8. Cheshire

Cheshire Senior Member

I'm so sorry for you... Hope you'll find a solution

Wildcat likes this.
  9. Helen

Helen Senior Member

Dear Justy,
    So sorry to hear about how hard this was for you. I wish it could be possible to get the IVIG somewhere closer to you, or at least I.M. injections with gamma globuline to start with. A big hug

justy likes this.
  10. maryb

maryb iherb code TAK122

UK
    @justy
    what can I say..so sorry to hear that. You know sometimes these things are just beyond us, but no-one can ever accuse us of not trying. Rest up when you get home, tomorrow is another day.

justy likes this.
  11. AndyPandy

AndyPandy Making the most of it

Australia
    So sorry @justy. Thinking of you.

Best wishes Andy

justy likes this.
  12. SOC

SOC

So sorry to here that, @justy! :hug:

justy likes this.
  13. Sushi

Sushi Moderator and Senior Member Albuquerque

Albuquerque
    Also so sorry but glad you stopped the trip in London rather than continuing and feeling worse. Also glad that you were near your Mum's place. But nothing like home when you are ill.

Best wishes and :hug:'s,
    Sushi

justy likes this.
  14. xchocoholic

xchocoholic Senior Member

Florida
    I'm sorry to hear this too. I don't know how this works but maybe KDM will have a workable solution for you. Take care. X

justy likes this.
  15. JAM

JAM Jill

That sucks! I hope you can figure out a safe way to get the treatment you need.

justy likes this.
  16. Revel

Revel Senior Member

How frustrating for you @justy :(. Hope the journey home tomorrow is more comfortable for you than today's travel experience.

justy likes this.
  17. daisybell

daisybell Senior Member

New Zealand
    :hug::hug::hug:

justy likes this.
  18. Kina

Kina Admin Support Staff

Ontario, Canada
    Hi Justy, my heart goes out to you. I understand the assault by noise, lights, crowds, smells etc. My life has been made miserable and at times totally unbearable. I am sorry it didn't work out. Many many many hugs from me. I was hoping so much that you would get there to get treatment. Don't give up. It will happen. :hug::hug::hug:

catly, Gingergrrl and justy like this.
  19. Daffodil

Daffodil Senior Member

Hi Justy. Why not purchase the IVIG from KDM, bring it back home with you, and use a subcutaneous pump? That is what I do.
    xoxoxo

Gingergrrl, justy, Hanna and 2 others like this.
  20. SDSue

SDSue Southeast

Florida
    Oh @justy my heart hurts for you. As hard as it must have been, you were wise to turn back. When PWME say "can't", unfortunatley we really mean it.

I'll look forward to hearing a good report when you're able to make it! :hug: Rest well.

zzz, Gingergrrl, justy and 1 other person like this.

See more popular forum discussions.