• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kavinace for Insomnia?

Has anyone used Kavinace for adrenal dysfunction/CFS related insomnia? Its advertised as "supporting inhibitory neurotransmitters and improving the functions of the GABA receptors in the brain to communicate and relax".

It does seems to have a calming sedative effect for me, and appears to help with my insomnia. However, I'm concerned about some of the ingredients interfering with the methylation protocol that I am on and potentially complicating my adrenal dysfunction/CFS.

The ingredients for a serving (2 capsules) are listed as:
  • Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl & pyridoxal 5'-phosphate) - 2 mg
  • Proprietary Blend of Taurine and 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid - 950 mg
I've had to limit my supplementation of B vitamins temporarily as I work through the methylation protocol, and I'm wondering if I need that amount of Taurine in my system. I've also read that 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid can be habit forming long term.

That said, it does seem to have a calming effect on me and helps with my sleep which is one of my major challenges right now.

Any thoughts or experience with this?