1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Ergonomics and ME/CFS: Have You Hurt Yourself Without Knowing It?
Having a chronic illness like ME/CFS can make it hard to avoid problems that come from bad ergonomics. Jody Smith has learned some lessons the hard way ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Kavinace for Insomnia?

Discussion in 'General Treatment' started by future_man, Jul 10, 2013.

1. future_man

future_man

Has anyone used Kavinace for adrenal dysfunction/CFS related insomnia? Its advertised as "supporting inhibitory neurotransmitters and improving the functions of the GABA receptors in the brain to communicate and relax".

It does seems to have a calming sedative effect for me, and appears to help with my insomnia. However, I'm concerned about some of the ingredients interfering with the methylation protocol that I am on and potentially complicating my adrenal dysfunction/CFS.

The ingredients for a serving (2 capsules) are listed as:
    • Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl & pyridoxal 5'-phosphate) - 2 mg
    • Proprietary Blend of Taurine and 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid - 950 mg
    I've had to limit my supplementation of B vitamins temporarily as I work through the methylation protocol, and I'm wondering if I need that amount of Taurine in my system. I've also read that 4-amino-3-phenylbutyric acid can be habit forming long term.

That said, it does seem to have a calming effect on me and helps with my sleep which is one of my major challenges right now.

Any thoughts or experience with this?

See more popular forum discussions.