1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
New Exercise Study Brings Both Illumination and Questions
Simon McGrath looks at new objective evidence of abnormal response to exercise in ME/CFS patients, and the questions that researchers are still trying to answer ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Katz webinar on XMRV Coming up on Thursday

Discussion in 'Media, Interviews, Blogs, Talks, Events about XMRV' started by Cort, Aug 10, 2010.

1. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    That should definitely help...but yes, I would think nothing will be covered until both causality can be proven, and an FDA approved test is available.
  2. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
    V99 -- do you have a link to that Devanur and Kerr study from 2006 that you mentioned in post #90?
  3. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
  4. VillageLife

VillageLife Senior Member

United Kingdom
    I really like dr Katz ! :)
  5. Sam Carter

Sam Carter Guest

6. LJS

LJS Insert Witty Comment Here

East Coast, USA
    I found these two slides very interesting, it looks like the CDC has the most sensitive test. This raises the question; why did the CDC find all of the 20 positive control samples sent from the WPI negative? We know why they did not find any positives in their study due to poor patient selection.

Attached Files:

7. George

George waitin' fer rabbits

South Texas
    My guess is diffrent people working in diffrent labs with diffrent agendas. But that's just a guess.
  8. dannybex

dannybex Senior Member

Seattle
  9. Cort

Cort Phoenix Rising Founder

Raleigh, NC
  10. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    Spoiled you are and written up I did. :) I couldnt help myself.....

How did you get the slides so quickly?
  11. Cort

Raleigh, NC

I hope he's wrong about that 12 months! I can't imagine that is right. The WPI, I believe, has a patent on antibody tests and we've heard that Dr. Singh and other labs are working on one. Coffin thought we'd know about XMRV in about six months give or take and we're about there. Kim said 20 data presentation on XMRV in Sept - that's alot of new work! Things are happening. I think we'll at least have some pretty important answers over the next couple of months.
  12. Cort

Raleigh, NC
    My guess is that they were dropping a known sample of XMRV into blood and plasma and seeing how good they were at finding it. Finding it in a patients blood may be different....

See more popular forum discussions.