• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Kangan Water, Ionized water?

Undisclosed

I'm not going to get into it with you, Kina. I wish you well.

@SOC, I'm basing my understanding on what I learned from the scientists who have studied water for decades. My comment was about natural spring water being structured at the source of where it dances over the rocks. The water is alive and happy! The detoxing ability of that is Nature's Law.

Be well, Judy

@Judy -- :) I like to look at things from different angles and in this case I don't believe Kangen water is a good option from what I have read. I also don't believe water can be happy or sad -- if all this makes me negative -- so be it.

I guess I had better stop taking this thread off-topic :rolleyes:-- back to the subject of Kangen water -- I still think water is best used for hydration purposes and to stay hydrated is paramount. I think an alkalized diet is probably more beneficial than alkalized water for quite a few different reasons. I also tend to avoid MLM companies because there is usually a lot of poor science or anecdotal content with extra costs due to many people trying to sell, sell, sell. And I know every time we have threads about things like Kangen water, we attract spammers who want to sell us all sorts of types of water. :mad:

Last edited:

peggy-sue

I'm quite aware of how water is "structured", that it is a peculiar substance which should be a gas, and would be, if it weren't for van der Waal's forces creating the attraction between molecules which make it a liquid at room temperature.
I am also quite well aware of the new area that is studying surfaces at a molecular level and that it is incredibly complicated.

I think that, while not wanting to get into debates or arguments myself, it is also very important that pseudoscience does not get passed of as being anything more than it is, for the sakes of everybody else here.

Aileen

I think the Kangan water claims even bigger health advantages then having alkaline water alone, the miracle product is supposedly the "micro clustered" water, basically making the molecules smaller and more compact to deeper reach into the cells and Blood brain barrier to create huge hydration for body parts, and help with circulation....
From what I've learned in chemistry class, you can't make a molecule of water "smaller". A water molecule is one atom of oxygen with 2 atoms of hydrogen attached to it. If it is broken up into something smaller, it is no longer water.

For those of you who, like me, do not have a science background, there are free classes you can take. I am currently enrolled in Introduction to Chemistry taught by a professor from Duke University. It is available free through Coursera with no textbooks to buy (they suggest and/or provide good free online material). They have other good courses too. I'm also in a Medical Neuroscience course. You can do as much or as little of the courses as you want (or can). I'm finding these very helpful.

peggy-sue

On a lighter note, my partner's family home was always full of little bottles of holy water from various places.
Every single one of them had life-forms growing in them.:sluggish:
Evidence of life springing from nothing? ;) The power of the holiness of the water? ;);)

Or just contamination from black mould.:nerd:

Ayaju

Pseudoscience or not, my health and mood continue to improve because of using structured water! Not to mention that I've lost weight. (I'd been trying for seven years prior!) My experiences are not unique. Thousands of people around the world are benefiting greatly from getting hydrated for the first time in their lives!

Last edited by a moderator:

peggy-sue

I just found this on the website posted above.

"
Q&A response to the persistent requests for authoritative documentation regarding the effects of Structured Water.
Answer: The scientific community around the world abounds with various research, findings, articles and analysis of water structure, its enhancement, its quality and the immense value of its energetic effects on living things. For those of you requesting more info, more answers about the effects of Structured Water on plants, animals, bacteria, virus, and other microbial life forms as well as analytical observations of water’s energetic effects on molecular structures, chemical reactions, enzymes and mineral substances in “non living” components of the world around us, I can only say yes, the data is immense. It is overwhelming but equally quite incomprehensible.

Despite the countless fortunes being spent in furthering scientific understanding of water and its energetic structure, the most effective and greatest analyzer remains the human mind and body. Our senses are tens of thousand times more sensitive than the most expensive and elaborate analyzer. Despite the great advancements in scientific research, the analysis drawn from our basic human senses are what the worlds fortunes most rely. Personal experience remains the truest test and the highest value is placed on that experience. The analysis of our worlds’ oldest and largest industries (i.e.) Medical, Food, Cosmetics, wine and beer depend almost exclusively on the final word of personal experience, personal observation, person taste, personal touch. Our health and the health of world population and industry depend on our five senses (our personal analyzer) and it is to this ultimate scrutiny we submit our Structured Water Devices."

So, they are saying that scientific data and proper published papers do exist, but they're too complicate for us simpletons to read, what we really need is...
loads and loads of "far more reliable" testimonials. :rolleyes:

I'd rather see the papers, thanks.

Ayaju

Professor Pollack at Washington U said that every attempt from the scientists to acquire funding to do the testing they need to do on structured water has been denied. He says it's because Big Pharma has the control over that decision and Big Pharma can't make any money on structured water. He and Clayton Nolte and others explain that the scientific tools available to us to test energy is extremely limited. They have been able to conduct certain tests though proving that structuring the water neutralizes toxins. And it's fairly easy to test the surface tension of water. Common sense will tell you that if the surface tension is equal to or lower than the surface tension of cells it will penetrate them.

I'm also a big believer in muscle-testing because the body doesn't lie. Science can't test that either!

Judy

peggy-sue

Tanking one line from that, (which I hadn't really paid too much attention to, it was a lot of words, not actually saying much)

"Our senses are tens of thousand times more sensitive than the most expensive and elaborate analyzer."

My eyes are not nearly as good as even an ordinary light microscope, how many thousands of times better than eyesight is an electron microscope?
So (using a truly reliable single testimonial from me:p), I absolutely refute and disprove that claim.

SOC

I'm not going to get into it with you, Kina. I wish you well.

@SOC, I'm basing my understanding on what I learned from the scientists who have studied water for decades. My comment was about natural spring water being structured at the source of where it dances over the rocks. The water is alive and happy! The detoxing ability of that is Nature's Law.

Be well, Judy
Okay, I get it, I think. Your "knowing" is based on your belief that the water is dancing, alive, and happy. That's fine if that's what you're looking for in your water. Kina was simply pointing out that water found free in nature is not necessarily safe and is, in fact, likely to contain "bacteria, parasites, protozoa, and viruses and other substances (pesticides etc)". She was simply reporting known fact based on many, many scientific studies of natural water sources.

Your belief that the water is dancing, alive, and happy, and Kina's information that the water can contain many potentially toxic substances don't have to be in contradiction. This issue Kina raised was not whether the water was happy to be out wild in nature, but whether it could be universally safe to drink.

The fact is, most "wild" water is NOT safe to drink (especially by people with immune dysfunction) without some form of cleaning. Wild animals still urinate and defecate in the areas farthest from human habitation. Look up giardiasis, a nasty illness which frequently results from people ingesting giardia parasite while drinking supposedly "clean" natural water in wilderness areas.

Even water in the deepest, "cleanest" aquifers is now contaminated to some degree with agrichemical runoff -- herbicides and pesticides. "Natural" water is far from clean or safe anymore (if it ever really was).

Ayaju

I have heard SO much info and read SO much research about structured water that I totally believe it's the real deal. And I totally believe the scientists who shared that, yes, structuring water... as impossible as it is for our minds to grasp... neutralizes ALL toxins. And that spring water at the point where it dances over the rocks... not farther back or farther ahead than that is safe to drink.

People are taking portable structured water units worldwide, even where the water is very, very bad, and are able to drink it with no problems to their health.

My very stubborn lemon tree is bursting with new life because of structured water. My cats choose it over regular purified water. ALL my arthritis pain is GONE, and holding for over a month now.

I am trying to help hydrate humanity and I would be talking even more about the miracles of structured water if I were not involved in the business side of it!

My heart is 100% sincere, and I come to you from a place of Pure Love and Consciousness. I only want to help my fellow pwc's, whom I cherish. Each and every person can choose for themselves if they want to become an independent contractor too. How cool is it that simply for sharing a supreme healing tool with someone you get 40% if they buy?! I say that is WAY cool! Well, those are the standards of the non-MLM company I work for!

Please, just trust your own intuition and inner guidance! As Matt Kahn says, "If it's a Yes, nothing can stop you, and when there is doubt, it's always a No!" Judy :angel:

rosie26

I just drink from the tap water. Thank God we have plenty of it too. What a nightmare if it was hard to find water.

SOC

I just drink from the tap water. Thank God we have plenty of it too. What a nightmare if it was hard to find water.
I'm not quite that easy-going. I do filter my tap water because we sometimes get way too much chlorine in it for my taste. But yes, thank goodness there's plenty of it. :D

peggy-sue

I have read a bit more on the sites posted, to find out what this "structured water" is.

Homeopathy is not something I subscribe to; it had always struck me that if you take the theory behind it to its logical conclusion then every single glass of tap water would be the most "potent" dilution of every single poison or chemical that ever existed.:rolleyes:

However, this "structured water" appears to be the answer to that problem. :thumbsup:
Apparently, running over or through the rocks removes all the "memories" the water has.

It would seem that evapourating and falling again as rain in the normal cycle of water is not enough. o_O

So, if you were somebody who subscribes to homeopathy, perhaps you might also subscribe to the notion of having your water "brainwashed".:)

I think I would prefer it sterilised.

Last edited:

student

No changes – after 2 y
With CFS – literature indicates that this 'water-stuff' is not safe!! To do anything with Re-dox potentials – the most central Back-bone of the simplistic Glutathion ballance is far to fragile with CFS condition. Especially for the weak and neaey – there is no confirm with long and good follow up. In our hands- effects more than 10- 30 days were not realy (predictable nor) controlable.

Clear warnings come from other contries – were People have dared to do more. [This kind of water] 'led to many cases of gastrointestine Problems. That happened especially with the elder generation, that was not able to produce enough Stomac accid.' (see german wording – below.)
Hopes were raised. … The topic was discussed (for 1 year – nobody realy started to do much../ a second shot quieted down after 30 days) all those that are weak – should wait until more is known.

My source: Berichten aus Japan zu Folge sind dadurch schon in vielen Fällen Magen-Darm-Probleme aufgetreten, besonders bei älteren Menschen, die nicht mehr in der Lage sind ausreichend Magensäure zu produzieren. (SEE that „'basisches Wasser' nicht gesund ist.“ Second section.)
http://vision-aqua.ch/basisches-wasser-eine-geschaeftsidee-mit-schaedlichen-folgen/
('this merchendies idea – led to unhealthy long term effects'.) Swizerland. So according to this - it will be helpful for this comunity (a) to find out in much details of the source – of japanese complaints.

Student
ps I translated - what I found.