• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Justina Pelletier story...

PNR2008

I read this incredible story about two weeks ago. Justina is not getting better, she's getting worse! How can this happen? What about a third party? The media, Supreme Court, the Kennedy's, I guess if they (the medical profession and government can do it to one million people, us, they can do it to one.

If all the procedures were prescribe by a doctor, why are the parents being blamed ? In my opinion, and from past experience, psychosamatic illness is what is used when doctors do not know. Not saying this is what happened in this case, but from my experience, I wonder how it is that a doctor NOT trained in psychology, or psychiatry, can make a psychological diagnosis... unless again, cause they just do not know or understand the problem.

I know of another story involving some notable hospitals in the midwest (2005-2008), but am afraid to post.

So sad for all involved, trying to find answers. Parents beware. Even as an individual adult, it scares a person when checking into a hospital and giving control to people who do not know it all, yet have the power to...

Last edited: