1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Justina Pelletier story...

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by C_Maupin, Feb 21, 2014.

1. C_Maupin

C_Maupin

merylg and Valentijn like this.
  2. leela

leela Slow But Hopeful

Couchland, USA
  3. PNR2008

PNR2008 Senior Member

OH USA
    I read this incredible story about two weeks ago. Justina is not getting better, she's getting worse! How can this happen? What about a third party? The media, Supreme Court, the Kennedy's, I guess if they (the medical profession and government can do it to one million people, us, they can do it to one.

4. suzyQ2

suzyQ2

If all the procedures were prescribe by a doctor, why are the parents being blamed ? In my opinion, and from past experience, psychosamatic illness is what is used when doctors do not know. Not saying this is what happened in this case, but from my experience, I wonder how it is that a doctor NOT trained in psychology, or psychiatry, can make a psychological diagnosis... unless again, cause they just do not know or understand the problem.

I know of another story involving some notable hospitals in the midwest (2005-2008), but am afraid to post.

So sad for all involved, trying to find answers. Parents beware. Even as an individual adult, it scares a person when checking into a hospital and giving control to people who do not know it all, yet have the power to...

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
    Valentijn and peggy-sue like this.

See more popular forum discussions.