The Real ME: A Stock Photography Resource for the Media
We’ve all seen them in the news stories about ME/CFS: the guy in a suit at the office, yawning; the beautiful woman sitting at her desk with her immaculate make-up and elegantly coiffed hair, hand to her head and looking slightly pained.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

just went to Stanford CFS clinic

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS Discussion' started by el_squared, Aug 11, 2015.

1. el_squared

el_squared Senior Member

Hi there,

I just had my first appt with the Stanford chronic fatigue clinic. They took my history, asked me some questions, and ordered a bunch of blood tests. They did officially diagnose me with CFS, and said they will probably be treating me with antivirals, but we have to see what the blood tests say.

So, has anyone been seen at this clinic and been treated with antivirals? Has it helped?

thanks,
    Laura

alex3619, merylg, Sushi and 3 others like this.
  2. lnester7

lnester7 Seven

USA
    Not at this clinic, Antivirals helped me after about 3 years in it. I had high levels of hh6v still w CFS but less miserable. My neuro issues are much better than before and not that flue/sick feeling.

merylg likes this.
  3. 2Cor.12:9

2Cor.12:9 Senior Member

Laura, I will be interested to hear how you progress. Hope they can make you feel better.
    Keep us posted.

merylg likes this.
  4. helen1

helen1 Senior Member

Canada
    Lots of forum members here have taken antivirals. You might want to do a google site search and read some of the threads about their experiences.

merylg likes this.
  5. minkeygirl

minkeygirl But I Look So Good.

Left Coast
  6. IreneF

IreneF Senior Member

San Francisco
    I go there. I'm taking Valcyte and anti-inflammatory drugs. Hard to say how much it helps. I go up and down for what seems like no reason.

L'engle and merylg like this.

See more popular forum discussions.