• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just started the simplified Yasko protocol, Wow.

wciarci

Wenderella
Ok, Rich, I resisted until today. I though I had been doing this right for the last 6 years. I began the simplified protocol today. Wow. First Day. Increased energy, a desire to do things. I am aware of the detox/die off problems so will be taking cholestyramine in the evenings to move the toxins out. I didn't even do the full dosages and won't for a while. I will move slowly, but I am very impressed.

Wendy:D

wciarci

Wenderella
Hi Maryb, I took phosphatidyl seriene complex 500mg, RNA methylation support, neurological health formula,perque b12, 1/8th tab actifolate, I waited until afternoon to take olive leaf extract, omega 3,6,9 tab, probiotics, SamE, CoQ10 and glutathion and Mitochondria ignite with nt factor. The perque b12 hit me like a brick so to speak, I took that first. I was a little too buzzed but it wore off. I cleaned, fixed my dyson vacum and then went shopping. Something I can never do on a saturday, after a week of work. I am usually in my p.j.'s all day and lethargic. My mood was better, more alert. And I didn't have the usual insatiable appetite where I eat five meals a day. Pretty remarkable. If you search Rich Vank and the yasko protocol, you'll get more information. I have believed since 2003 or 2004 when I started researching, that methylation was important. I just didn't put all of the pieces together.

Aquarius girl, cholestyramine has never bothered me. I take it if I am actively detoxing and want to move things out. I make sure that I eat lots of fiber to move it, so to speak.

I am really impressed but a bit apprehensive. I don't want to move things too quickly, slow and steady.

Wendy :)

ukme

Hi Wendy, my teenage daughter is following this protocol (minus the phosphatidyl as she has low adrenal reserves). I would say apart from a bad headache the first couple of days she has ticked along nicely on it. I can't really tell if she is improving, but she has most certainly stabilised considerably - although she has a huge struggle to wake up/get going every morning but she was like that before she started the protocol.

Anyway I wanted to ask you about the other supplements you are taking; can you tell me more about why you choose to take SamE, Mitochondria Ignite,RNA Methylation support and OLE and if you think they are helping?

aquariusgirl

my mom hit a massive brick wall about 3 weeks or a month into this protocol. too weak to get out of bed, chest pain (poss =costochondroitis), headache, nausea. seems to be coming around now..
but for those of us who are severely debilitated, long-term sick, and haven't done a bunch of other protocols first, you can feel really bad once the system starts workign again.
I think her reaction was caused by IRIS>
this is not to knock methylation protocols. i think they are crucial... been doing it myself for 3 yrs....just saying....the going can get rocky.
Plus my mom is 65 and has a bunch of health issues.
Before she hit the wall, she was doing better. Sleeping better, better mood, better cognitive function.

wciarci

Wenderella
Hi ukme,
You asked:
"Anyway I wanted to ask you about the other supplements you are taking; can you tell me more about why you choose to take SamE, Mitochondria Ignite,RNA Methylation support and OLE and if you think they are helping?"

Mitochondria Ignite, I have been on this for years and it helps. There is lot of research about dysfunctional mitochondria in CFS. SamE helps with methylation, mood and is recommended on the more elaborate protocol. I began taking this last Spring and noticed a mild improvement. RNA is another supplement recommended so I said, "What the Hell, I'll try", Olive leaf extract is a gift from the gods or God. This has helped me tremendously this year. It is a natural anti biotic and anti virus agent, an immune modulator, I just couldn't get by without it. Before Rich entered the scene, I had done some research, limited as I am a layman and was convinced that methylation was key, as well as keeping infections at bay. I also take milk thistle and glutathione for the liver, as I feel this is also a vital problem in CFS. I am highly functional which I attribute to aggressive antibiotics and then anti virals from my doctor. I could only take the anti virals a couple of months because of side effects. This was 6 years ago. I did not take the supplements today because of hives yesterday. I did take the B12 though. I will slowly reintegrate the supplements so that I can decide which one is causing hives. I think it may be the RNA or just a die off. Not sure. I hope this helps.

Aquarisgirl, hang in there, it is not easy. You may want to reduce the supplements. See my post on inflammation.

Wendy

richvank

Hi, Wendy.

I'm very happy to hear that this stuff is helping you. More power to you, and I appreciate your posting your experience. I think that coming up slowly on the dosages is a smart idea. The detox can really whomp a person.

Best regards,

Rich

wciarci

Wenderella
I am officially whomped. Sleeping almost 12 hours a day. My arms and legs weigh a ton and I am so tired. I had to go off the protocol for three days because of this intense rash which now covers my back and upper arms and thighs. The rash has improved so I am going back on, probably pulsing, one day on, one day off. I have been taking cholestyramine each evening to try and bind toxins and move them out, horrible squatters that they are. I am wondering if and what to do to get my lymph system moving. I read that pure unsweetened cranberry juice is good as is moving (yeah right) and massage. Well at least I have the cranberry juice.

Wendy

aquariusgirl

ahh. yes, that sounds familiar. all except the rash. it's unbelievable isn't it, that feeling of your limbs being a complete dead weight, and not having the energy to move.
lymph: not convinced that cranberry juice will cut it. some ppl swear by lymph drainage massage with those roller things.....

my mom went back on the supps & this time she is not doing the methyl, just adenosyl and so far so good. in fact, it seems to be helping a lot, cognitively and in other ways.....

still amazed you can tolerate the cholestyramine. you may want to supplement fats and b12...since i think it sucks both of those up.

yoga might help wiht the lymph.

wciarci

Wenderella
Hi aquariusgirl, yes I take lots of b12, including shots and flax seed oil everyday, cook with olive oil, eat avocados etc etc. Believe it or not, the cranberry juice seems to be doing something. I was out of work yesterday but returned today. Now if my sore throat would just go away, and the cough. I have been self massaging a bit.

This protocol is very strong, I didn't give it the respect that it deserves.

Good to hear about your Mom. I read RichVank post that prefers hydroxycobalamin over the methyl, something about methyl bringing toxins and mercury to the brain. I am on hydroxycobalamin.

Wendy

Joopiter76

cough is often a sign of detox especially if it occurs together with urine colour change and stool colour change (yellow, green or so). The cough my also change from day to day (increase or decrease) of course its dry cough.

Hi Wendy, my teenage daughter is following this protocol (minus the phosphatidyl as she has low adrenal reserves). I would say apart from a bad headache the first couple of days she has ticked along nicely on it. I can't really tell if she is improving, but she has most certainly stabilised considerably - although she has a huge struggle to wake up/get going every morning but she was like that before she started the protocol.

Anyway I wanted to ask you about the other supplements you are taking; can you tell me more about why you choose to take SamE, Mitochondria Ignite,RNA Methylation support and OLE and if you think they are helping?

HI Ukme,

I was wondering why you said the phosphatidyl is hard on the adrenals? This is the second supplement that Rich says to add in after the multi. I am on lo-dose hydrocortisone, so just wondering.

Thanks,

Donna