• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Just started Rich's protocol, have some questions

Gondwanaland

@starlily88 I have been studying this and this for 1 year and I am getting EXCELLENT results for my husband depression and neuropathy based on SNP interpretation. So IMHO the genetic testing is worth every penny (it costs $99.00). I hope soon to be able to lessen his fatigue as well.

I am working with an integrative doctor with nutritional approach and supplementation of vitamins and minerals, but here where I live no one knows nutrigenomics, so I had to learn it by myself to not be harmed by the "one size fits all" protocols practiced here.

Gondwanaland

Sorry that did not go right - @Gondwanaland - where did you go the genetic testing and what did it show?
Like did you see a gene mutation or a cancer gene or a viral gene? thanks
Yes, 23andMe lists cancer genes. I don't know specifically which ones are listed - I know that to see breast cancer genes I have to "opt in" - I guess I have to click an "I understand" box that the presence of the gene does not equal to a diagnosis before seeing the results. I haven't opted in yet since this problem hasn't surfaced in my family so far.

I don't think they scan your saliva for viral genes though.

Johnmac

* These non-Medicare tests are expensive in Australia. I learned via 3 years of Cutler chelation that 'suck it and see' is the best test, for me at least: try something & see what it does. (Test by symptoms.)

* However I couldn't resist the 23andMe test. It told me I was 6% Jewish, and 3% Neanderthal (above the average - will not surprise some), and that my ancestors left Africa 50,000 years ago. That alone was worth it. There were also various SNPs (see below). What these mean is poorly understood, tho several people have said they suggest I need more mB12 than m-folate, which seems to be true.

* You can get supplements from iHerb to Australia quite cheaply. iHerb doesn't want a local competitor stealing its business, so it keeps shipping costs minimal. iHerb's supp costs are lower & their range vaster than their competitors', so far as I can see.

* I had nausea & headache the first few days of the Rich protocol. Fine after that.

* The Rich protocol cured an awful illness I'd had for a whole year, in days (thiol symptoms from mercury chelation). Nothing much after that - but that was spectacular.

* I've since switched to the Freddd protocol, which worked extremely well for many weeks: a big raft of improvements. Now nothing much...working through that on this forum presently.

* Yes, you can get all the Freddd supps from iHerb.