Looking Ahead to Change: Little by Little
I don't make New Year's Resolutions. I don't think I ever really did, but the last decade or two would have been enough to stifle that impulse. I've just been too aware that I don't have that much control over what happens in my life.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Just found these in the toilet after using it... worms?

Discussion in 'Gastrointestinal and Urinary' started by jack blogs, May 16, 2017.

1. jack blogs

jack blogs

was having some stomach issues today, had a lot of pressure feelings in the gut, eventually ended up turning to a bit of diarrhea and when i looked in the toilet I saw these two things...

[​IMG]

I have no idea what these are, pretty worried to say the least. They look like worms.

PhoenixDown likes this.
  2. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Yep. Get it tested and treat it.

JaimeS likes this.
  3. Ysabelle-S

Ysabelle-S Highly Vexatious

It could be worms, and you should get it checked out just in case,, but what have you had to eat recently? Have you had any bean sprouts for example? Some food can be mistaken for worms.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3192079/

IreneF and Hutan like this.
  4. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    Could be mucosa. You mentioned pressure and diahrrea, sounds like you're dealing with intestinal inflammation.

5. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

Does not look like mucosa to me.

Izola likes this.
  6. lansbergen

lansbergen Senior Member

If they come out like that something is wrong with digestion

7. Thinktank

Thinktank Senior Member

Europe + Asia
    It does to me, like heavily damaged mucosa. I suffer from inflammatory bowel disease and have passed similar string-like objects.

8. jack blogs

jack blogs

The pressure and diarrhoea is not an everyday thing for me. It's hard to explain but i think sudden intense pressure is a good way to explain it, quite intense and you just want it to end, relief as the poo comes out but 5 minutes later you need to go back. It started of as stringy poo and then turned to diarrhoea and that's when these stringy things appeared. I was definitely suffering intestional inflammation when this happened

9. jack blogs

jack blogs

Do the string-like objects you pass have heads like mine?

10. Ambrosia_angel

Ambrosia_angel Senior Member

England
    it definitely has the colour of mucosa but if you are worried then maybe you should get tested and/or do a cleanse.

11. jack blogs

jack blogs

What do i actually test for though?

I did a 3 day stool test months ago and do i have imbalances but no parasites

12. Valentijn

Valentijn Activity Level: 3

All of the intestinal worms I could find photos of didn't have anything looking like heads. Most were pretty symmetrical, with a thick center and tapering off toward the end. Only the whipworm has a skinny "tail", but still no head wider than the body.

Have you considered an autopsy? :wide-eyed: Or take it to your doctor. It also doesn't look much like the photos of intestinal mucosa, but that can vary a lot.

Hutan and JaimeS like this.
  13. Basilico

Basilico Florida

I would get an apt with a gastroenterologist and bring that in with you - they should either be able to verify what it is or run an appropriate test to find out. Having an actual sample will probably really help in figuring out what's going on.

14. jack blogs

jack blogs

I wish I could just go and see a good dr but living in the UK we have the NHS and it would take atleast 3 months to get an appointment and then ill get there and they have an extremely backwards way of thinking. I wish i knew of a good private doctor for these issues, id just pay and get an appointment ASAP. I think bringing the sample to the Dr is a good idea, not sure how i should preserve it though, its dried up since last night.

15. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    This case study covers the bean sprout possibility.
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3192079/
    It's interesting to see that two doctors looking at the excreted sprouts in the case study could not tell them apart from worms. (Edit; sorry @Ysabelle-S I've just realised that you linked that case study further up the thread.)

And this blog suggests the sprouts might cause gastrointestinal symptoms.
    http://www.poopreport.com/Stories/out_damned_sprout.html

Had you eaten any sprouts in the day before the appearance of these things?

I expect drying the specimens out will be fine as a way to preserve them.

Last edited: May 18, 2017
    Ysabelle-S, Izola and Valentijn like this.
  16. jack blogs

jack blogs

Funilly enough, like the guy in the study i ate chinese the day before but im 95% sure what I ate didnt contain beansprouts. Beansprouts could have only have been hidden in the rice but I dont see how they could be hidden and be as big as what I found in my toilet.

I can simply reorder the same food I did and check, its probably worth doing.

IF it is a beansprout or other food, could it be from 2-3 days before i pooped it out?

Hutan likes this.
  17. jack blogs

jack blogs

i will be taking the sample to my GP first thing in the morning.
    Its sad because after a decade of dealing the NHS I know what to expect, they wont even take the sample off of me and check it.
    Treatment would just be a case of throwing drugs at me without properly indintifying the problem,

Are there any good international drs out there for this kind of thing? im so new to gut issues.

18. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    They have private docs in the UK, dont they?

My kids have had 2 types of worms and if that's what they are, you don't want them sticking around. Genova Diagnostics GI Effects test can be quite helpfu - it'll tell what they are, along with how to treat. Look on their website to find a provider.

But maybe its bean sprouts...;)

19. jack blogs

jack blogs

I did the GI stool effects test 9 months ago and it didnt show any parasites at all

Ive done organic acid tests and urinary amino acids, the results indicated candida and sibo but the 3 day stool test showed 0 parasites.

ofcourse it could be a recent infection though.

Most privates doctors tend to be workingly private as a side job from working for the NHS.
    And they tend to follow the same principles as they would with their NHS patients.

Last edited: May 17, 2017
  20. Learner1

Learner1 Professional Patient

Pacific Northwest
    You can get an infection at any time. And some worms have very strange life cycles...you'd be surprised...:sluggish:

Best to do the test again if you can.

jack blogs likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.