1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
A disease with two faces? Re-naming ME/CFS
Persuasion Smith covers the bases on the misleading and disreputable name for our disease we've all been saddled with ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Jury Duty

Discussion in 'Lifestyle Management' started by SaraM, Apr 27, 2010.

1. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

I have been summoned for jury duty, but as a CSFer I am not mentally and physically fit for the job as you know. How can I let the authorities know about my problem? I appreciate any suggestion.

2. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Provide a doctor's note?

Good luck I hope you get no problem with that.

3. mezombie

mezombie Senior Member

East Coast city, USA
    Check out the information that was sent to you. There should be something there regarding a waiver. My doctor filled out a waiver request (or wrote a letter -- it was so long ago I'm not sure) and I haven't received another jury notice since.

4. sela

sela Senior Member

marin co, ca
    i have it coming up too. i dread it. i got off before by pretending extreme prejudice about the case. good luck.

5. gracenote

gracenote All shall be well . . .

Santa Rosa, CA
    I think a doctor's note is enough. I am no longer called up for jury duty.

6. Francelle

Francelle Senior Member

Victoria, Australia
    I LOVE Jury Duty but that was BEFORE my cognitive (and physical) functions became highly variable on any given day. What I'd give to be able to do it again!! Just another loss - grrrr!

7. BEG

BEG Senior Member

Southeast US
    Jury duty is out of the question for most of us. My doctor wrote me a letter. I used it a second time without any problem even though the date was old. I keep it handy just in case.

BE G

8. ukxmrv

ukxmrv Senior Member

London
    I sent in a copy of my disabled badge (the parking space one) and an old copy of a consultants letter. Then wrote a cover letter. They were fine. I'd be happy to do jury service but could not guarantee that I'd be well enough to do it. I cannot sit upright all day, cannot stay awake and cannot concentrate / understand all that is going on (even if I was well enough to leave my home).

9. SaraM

SaraM Senior Member

Thank you all. You have been very helpful as usual.

10. serenity

serenity Senior Member

Austin
    sorry, this is a nightmare of mine - having to ever deal with getting a summons & how to get out of it since i'm clearly unfit.

See more popular forum discussions.