Surprisingly good outcomes for people who get ME/CFS after Mononucleosis (Glandular Fever)
Sometimes ME/CFS emerges after mononucleosis, or glandular fever. Simon McGrath shares results from a long-term follow-up study from Haukeland University Hospital in Norway...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(Junk?) "Challenging the Biopsychosocial Model in a Chronic Constipation Clinic"

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Dec 20, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

The title caught my attention: the biopsychosocial model is often what the CBT school call their model for ME/CFS.

So I thought there is a possibility this paper might be interesting; at the same time, it might not be at all! (I can't tell without seeing the full text).

It also has a few references involving CFS (that's how I came across it).

2. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

It's good to see people thinking about how well these models actually work in the real world. Has anyone read the full paper?

3. alex3619

alex3619 Senior Member

Logan, Queensland, Australia
    I don't recall the paper, but I recall reading about a situation where evidence based medicine was introduced into an aged community. Costs went up, but outcome was worse. Evidence based medicine and the biopsychosocial approach are associated. I am trying to figure out how deep that association is. Bye, Alex

See more popular forum discussions.