1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Part 2: Brain Cells Making us Sick? Messed up microglia could be driving symptoms
Simon McGrath looks at theories that microglia, the brain's immune cells, might be overactive and driving the symptoms of ME/CFS and fibromyalgia.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

(Junk) Case study I found in medical education (Texas A&M Health Science Center)

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by Dolphin, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Dolphin

Dolphin Senior Member

I came across this when searching for something.

Not saying it's exciting but the answer didn't jump out at me. Just I worry a little ME or CFS diagnoses can easily be missed. In this case, she already had a CFS diagnosis. But I suppose it's only doctor training and one is supposed to look at the most obvious diagnosis that ticks all the boxes.
  2. Tony Mach

Tony Mach Show me the evidence.

Upper Palatinate, Bavaria
    "self-destructive behavior, often manifesting itself as accident proneness"

These "doctors" are butchers. Yeah, right, because someone is accident prone, HE/SHE MUST BE DOING IT TO HURT HIMSELF ON PURPOSE !!!!11!!!ONE!!ELVEN!!! If there is one thing I hate it is know-it-all smarty-pants psychiatrists who can explain the world based on shaky interpretation without a hint of fact of disease model or pathological process.

"Complicated or incomplete recovery from organic or functional illness may occur."

They readily take it as "fact" that psychiatric problems supposedly manifest themselves as somatic symptoms but fail to see that organic illnesses do manifest as psychiatric symptoms. Maybe an organic illness is at the root of it all?
  3. Esther12

Esther12 Senior Member

F: Ehlers Danlos III.

Accident prone due to poor proprioception. Often leads to chronic fatigue and multiple other somatic complaints - pain, gastrointestinal, etc. Commonly misdiagnosed and mistreated by doctors, leading to tense relationships with medical practitioners... probably due to the sort of lazy psychologising of symptoms which is encouraged by tests like these.

See more popular forum discussions.