May 12, 2017 Is International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day
International ME/CFS and FM Awareness Day is May 12th, 2017. Jody Smith shares some information about upcoming events and ways you can be heard ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

June 18 Webinar with Dr. Lily Chu on Post-Exertional Malaise

Discussion in 'Upcoming ME/CFS Events' started by Tom Kindlon, Jun 10, 2015.

1. Tom Kindlon

Tom Kindlon Senior Member

I worked closely with Dr Chu on my paper "Reporting of Harms Associated with Graded Exercise Therapy and Cognitive Behavioural Therapy in Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome"
    which can be read for free at:
    http://iacfsme.org/ME-CFS-Primer-Ed...of-Harms-Associated-with-Graded-Exercise.aspx

Snookum96, ahimsa, ahmo and 11 others like this.
  2. Hutan

Hutan Senior Member

New Zealand
    Thanks @Tom Kindlon
    Your paper makes many interesting points.

Re the lack of long term followup on GET/CBT trials, I'd love to know how the participants of the PACE trial (categorised by compliance/non-compliance with the Canadian criteria) are doing now.

Tom Kindlon likes this.
  3. Never Give Up

Never Give Up Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.

Just watched the recording of this webinar here:

https://www.youtube.com/user/SolveCFS

It was interesting, rounded out my knowledge of PEM a bit more, and illuminated some of weaker points in the research in this area.

I've suspected that PEM can involve sleep disturbance, now I see that it has been documented polysomnographically.

Now to go read the studies for myself.

*GG*, Sasha and ahimsa like this.
  4. Tom Kindlon

Long-term data has been promised (not on the Canadian criteria specifically). A problem is the protocols talk very little about what they intend to publish so the investigators can mine the data to give the impression they want to give much more than if there were pre-defined outcomes.

Hutan likes this.
  5. Tom Kindlon

Here's a direct link:

Just 42 minutes. I found it useful the way she made tables of the variations in the definitions as it is hard to remember the differences I find. I also found it useful to be reminded of abnormal responses to exercise that have been found in research.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2015
    Battery Muncher, SOC and catly like this.

See more popular forum discussions.