• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Julie Rehmeyer Interview on KALW - Worth Listening to

Jennifer J

I haven't listened to this yet: http://kalw.org/post/your-call-julie-rehmeyers-long-road-recovery-chronic-fatigue-syndrome#stream/0. A friend from San Francisco (now living on a boat in Mexico) wanted to know more about our illness. (Imagine that, a friend who asks to know more about ME/CFS! :) :love: :thumbsup:) Finally yesterday I sent him for starters some excerpts from the IOM report. He emailed me back:

Looks like progress, it's being talked about much more, coincidentally today I was listening to KALW (streaming), my favourite SF non-commercial radio station, there was an almost hour long interview with Julie Rehmeyer, an award-winning science journalist who spent years battling CFS <http://kalw.org/post/your-call-julie-rehmeyers-long-road-recovery-chronic-fatigue-syndrome#stream/0> it's an audio cast, LMK what you think – I found it enlightening .

I look forward to listening to this in pieces when and as I can (and letting my friend know what I think, too). Thank you Julie!

Edit (2 hours later): Was only going to check out 5 minutes of it to begin with. Taking breaks, now 1/2 way through. It's really good!!

Last edited:

Jennifer J

It's worth listening to. I think it's a good interview to listen to whether or not mold was/is part of your ME/CFS.

Through out the interview it briefly covers a lot of aspects of what this reality is like for us and why (funding, medical/scientific world, financial politics in mold which is translatable for ME/CFS, too, UK study CBT/GET, how sick we are, lack of support, tragedy of it, PEM, the search for answers and how we have to keep trying things....).

Warning at the beginning of the interview is music, may need to turn it down for a moment if you are sensitive to it. Also, at 27:?? when they take a little break for a message and unfortunately it's lightly under her closing remarks which is about science, and bad science (CBT/GET study for ME/CFS).

Thank you, again, Julie!

Last edited: