Severe ME Day of Understanding and Remembrance: Aug. 8, 2017
Determined to paper the Internet with articles about ME, Jody Smith brings some additional focus to Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance on Aug. 8, 2017 ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Julie Rehmeyer Interview on KALW - Worth Listening to

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Jennifer J, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Jennifer J

Jennifer J Senior Member

Southern California
    I haven't listened to this yet: http://kalw.org/post/your-call-julie-rehmeyers-long-road-recovery-chronic-fatigue-syndrome#stream/0. A friend from San Francisco (now living on a boat in Mexico) wanted to know more about our illness. (Imagine that, a friend who asks to know more about ME/CFS! :) :love: :thumbsup:) Finally yesterday I sent him for starters some excerpts from the IOM report. He emailed me back:

I look forward to listening to this in pieces when and as I can (and letting my friend know what I think, too). Thank you Julie!

Edit (2 hours later): Was only going to check out 5 minutes of it to begin with. Taking breaks, now 1/2 way through. It's really good!!

Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    JaimeS, Comet, aaron_c and 6 others like this.
  2. Jennifer J

Jennifer J Senior Member

Southern California
    It's worth listening to. I think it's a good interview to listen to whether or not mold was/is part of your ME/CFS.

Through out the interview it briefly covers a lot of aspects of what this reality is like for us and why (funding, medical/scientific world, financial politics in mold which is translatable for ME/CFS, too, UK study CBT/GET, how sick we are, lack of support, tragedy of it, PEM, the search for answers and how we have to keep trying things....).

Warning at the beginning of the interview is music, may need to turn it down for a moment if you are sensitive to it. Also, at 27:?? when they take a little break for a message and unfortunately it's lightly under her closing remarks which is about science, and bad science (CBT/GET study for ME/CFS).

Thank you, again, Julie!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    JaimeS and Comet like this.

See more popular forum discussions.