• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

JRE With Wim Hof - Manipulating Your Immune System & Biology

GhostGum

This is a fascinating talk with Wim Hof on techniques to learn how to manipulate, control and reconnect with your biological systems.

Sounds a bit flaky on first glance but he has been fully studied by scientists, all in the talk.

Personally I started exposing myself to cold showers a few months ago, now I sit under a fully cold shower without reaction, on to ice baths this summer.

Of course this is no solution for the complicated nature of many suffering ME/CFS, but it might be of interest to some who are not so severe or who have recovered to some extent, and able to participate in such methods.

GhostGum

Here is a documentary on him which has a bit more on the immune system studies. Amazing the cultish type feel of the documentary and the man, but then it is all grounded deeply in reality.

I take cold showers regularly, and they really help in raising energy levels and mood. Only short term though, so far, but it's nice.

I also haven't culottes to it fully, but with the breathing methods and being persistent, it might really help.

GhostGum

I take cold showers regularly, and they really help in raising energy levels and mood. Only short term though, so far, but it's nice.

I also haven't culottes to it fully, but with the breathing methods and being persistent, it might really help.

I am doing cold showers daily now, can sit under them without any reaction at all. I can not say it helps with energy, but it has helped me relax a lot and regulate my body temp. Really does force the whole nervous system to change and I think hormones, I just have no negative response to cold or cold days any more now at all; I am just on so much more of an even keel now.

Have started the breathing the last couple of days but this is not easy for me, and I imagine near impossible for most CFS/ME sufferers; heavy breathing of any kind in the past for me has been very difficult. But maybe by taking it slowly and making a little ground each day, will see improvements.