A New Decade of ME Research: The 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference 2016
Mark Berry presents the first in a series of articles on the 11th Invest in ME International ME Conference in London ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

JPMorgan exec's Lyme infection spotlights need for quick treatment

Discussion in 'Lyme Disease and Co-Infections' started by Ecoclimber, May 22, 2012.

1. Ecoclimber

Ecoclimber Senior Member

Since many suffer from co-infections with Lyme and the controversy surrounding Lyme disease caused by bacteria infection from a tick bite, I thought this was a bit interesting on how Lyme disease caused JP Morgan $ 2 billion dollar losses!

JPMorgan exec's Lyme infection spotlights need for quick treatment
    http://vitals.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...-spotlights-need-for-quick-treatment#comments

Patients suffering from Lyme disease often complain that the crushing fatigue, joint pain and neurological symptoms are not taken seriously.

Amid the finger-pointing for the bank’s trading loss, a recent New York Times story noted that senior banker Ina Drew, the executive most often blamed for the bank’s financial meltdown, had suffered Lyme disease since 2010.

Drew lost so many days at work after contracting Lyme that she didn’t realize her underlings were running amok and betting billions on bad investments, the newspaper reported.

Merry likes this.
  2. charityfundraiser

charityfundraiser Senior Member

One of the better articles I've read about Lyme disease, recognizing the severity of the third stage.

3. *GG*

*GG* Senior Member

Concord, NH
    Hadn't heard this. Interesting.

GG

See more popular forum discussions.