• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Joseph Cohen - Self hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

barbc56

I've also met folks with whom I tried to share great research and free samples to try, who flat out refused to look at it or try anything. I poked around trying to find out why they wouldn't and they became greatly annoyed with me, a sad result for both. I don't know why they refused. Could be they were overwhelmed with work and other demands, too tired to focus, too ill to risk trying something that might interfere with their meds or worsen their condition, wary of fraud or scientific studies that just show correlation not causation (Hey umbrellas come out in the rain, maybe they're the cause of rain), any number of things

You really don't understand why others might refuse? Think about the following.

You left out the possibility that others may refuse as they don't think it works or don't like others to use in your face proselytizing medical suggestions to them when they have already have their own health regimen. You're assuming they haven't done the research, have closed minds or they would be following your routine since you seem to think it is the one true path to health.

We each have our own path, yours included. I think it's important to respect that in our personal lives.

On a forum it's a bit different when a treatment is being discussed as long as you are debating the subject and not the person as well as being careful about wording that may be perceived as a subtle put down.

Status
Not open for further replies.