• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jorgen Jelstad tweeting in English from Invest in ME Conference now - May 31

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Is anybody Tweet-capable? Might be nice to tweet him a thank-you! He's providing a valuable service. AFAIK he's the only tweeter there - I did a Google search and he was the only one who came up.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Hornig: Finds altered patterns of cytokine associative networks in cerebro-spinal fluid in ME/CFS compared to controls...

Hornig:Show that it is a very different way the immune system as a whole is functioning, or dysfunctioning, in ME comprd to cntrls

(I can't keep this up, you'll have to follow him yourselves!) :)

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Here's the agenda for this afternoon - they seem to be running late, since Jorgen tweeted at 1:35pm that Clare Gerada was talking.

13:15 Dr Clare Gerada​
Govt NHS Reforms: Implications for long term chronic conditions such as ME – for GPs and Patients​
13:45 Professor Sonya Marshall-Gradisnik​
Current Knowledge of Immunological Biomarkers​
14:30 Dr Amolak Bansal​
Clinical Immunology and Research on B-cell Abnormalities in ME Patients​
15:00 Plenary​
Questions​
15.05 Refreshment Break​
15:25 Professor Carmen Scheibenbogen​
Immunological Basis of ME​
16:05 Professor Olav Mella​
B-cell Depletion Therapy Using Rituximab in ME/CFS - Part I​
16:35 Dr Øystein Fluge​
B-cell Depletion Therapy Using Rituximab in ME/CFS - Part II​
17:05 Plenary & Summary​
Dr Ian Gibson - Questions​
17.30 Adjourn​

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Looks like that's it - some interesting stuff at the end from Fluge and Mella and others.

Looking forward to the full reports now from people who attended!

Firestormm

This blog provides some background to yesterday's event from the pre-conference dinner perspective. I don't know if you have read it already.

Also ME/CFS Newcastle posted on Facebook last night:

We've just come back from attending the Invest in ME Researchers meeting in London. Very interesting to hear about all the work going on in Europe and the US. The focus of the meeting was on autoimmunity so a bit different from the work we are doing in Newcastle. It's important that there is breadth in the work being carried out. As a researcher, although we believe there is sound evidence for our hypothesis that underpins our work- there is always room for more work and you can't run the risk that you might get it wrong - so you must always keep an open mind.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
This blog provides some background to yesterday's event from the pre-conference dinner perspective. I don't know if you have read it already.

Also ME/CFS Newcastle posted on Facebook last night:

Thanks for that - I'd seen Chris's blog post (he's always such good value) but I didn't even know Newcastle had a Facebook page so I've bookmarked that. :thumbsup: