Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Joint response from advocates/organisations to NIH RFI

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Sasha, Jul 12, 2016.

1. Sasha

Sasha Fine, thank you

UK
    Mary, AndyPR, Valentijn and 7 others like this.
  2. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

I'm confused. We don't know how much money they will be handing out to us in 2016? But that's half-over! Shouldn't we know how much money will be allotted in 2016 by some time in 2015?

3. JaimeS

JaimeS Senior Member

Mid-Ohio Valley, United States
    Funny, that.

Webdog and MEMum like this.
  4. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member

Yeah I had a thread asking about that recently. Its sort of a small thing on the scale of things but its frustrating that we can't see spending until the year's end.

5. aaron_c

aaron_c Senior Member

Thanks dreampop. If it's just semantics then I'm not really concerned. Did you find out if this is a fairly normal way for them to do things?

6. dreampop

dreampop Senior Member

You can search the reporter database (the nih database) for current grants (i think) but you can't search for ones approved by the CFS special Emphasis panel. I couldn't find any new studies just searching for CFS but maybe I did it poorly. As I said in my post, the new grants have been nice, but are mostly replacing old grants so we have no way of knowing if the NIH increased CFS spending for a given year until that years end.

See more popular forum discussions.