• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Joint pain without redness or swelling

Some websites list joint pain without redness or swelling as one of the main symptoms of CFS(for example here. For me my fatigue is as significant of a promblem as this joint pain that I have in seven diffirent joints but surfing through this forum I didn't find many people talking about joint pain specifically without redness or swelling.

How come it's listed as a main symptom? Do a lot of you experience this?

P.s. I am new to the forum and very glad to have found it although I have no diognosis yet.

deleder2k

I do! It is mainly in my arms. From the shoulder down to my fingers. Cracks everywhere. It hurts, but nothing compared to the pain related to muscle cramps.

Martial

Some websites list joint pain without redness or swelling as one of the main symptoms of CFS(for example here. For me my fatigue is as significant of a promblem as this joint pain that I have in seven diffirent joints but surfing through this forum I didn't find many people talking about joint pain specifically without redness or swelling.

How come it's listed as a main symptom? Do a lot of you experience this?

P.s. I am new to the forum and very glad to have found it although I have no diognosis yet.

Its also as common in things like Lyme and Co infections, Lupus, Candida, Heavy metal toxicity, certain viral and parasitic infections, etc.. . Welcome to the forum by the way!

worldbackwards

I tend to think of pain as pain, and don't really differentiate much between joint pain and muscle pain, of which I get both. I'd imagine others are the same. Or maybe I'm talking rubbish and everyone obsesses about their joint pain in private!

lansbergen

I did.. Like deleder2k says it cracked I think it cracks because the liquid gets to viscosity. All my mucosa were to dry. None the less my pain was not in the joint but on the outside. It only happened during flareups.

Iquitos

Yes, my hip joints are extremely painful and I have no redness or obvious swelling. Also one thumb joint has swelling but no redness.

Medical cannabis is helping with my joint pain, muscle pain, bone pain and neuropathic pain (like fibromyalgia), and with sleep. Also seems to be helping with brain fog and muscle spasms/charlie horses, little by little. It's an anti-inflamatory so that's probably how it it helping, at least in part.

I get joint pain, but it doesn't really affect my ability to function (PEM and OI are the limiting factors) so I tend to ignore it. Lots of joint cracking as well.

rosie26

Happens to me in bad flare ups. The hands almost everyday though.

Last edited:

NK17

Joint pain is almost always present
and definitely gets worst during flare ups, as well as muscular and neuropathic pain and aches.
It's the myalgic part of ME ;(

Yes - I have joint pain in knees, wrists, hands, feet, shoulder (which gets worse when smells and perfumes don't agree with me), jaw, low back and especially neck. The joint pain moves around daily.

Sometimes, when I have a crash or flare up - everything hurts at once - it's not severe, but very exhausting.

perchance dreamer

A Shea nut butter extract called FlexNow helps my joint pain. It took a couple of weeks for me to start noticing some pain relief from it.

AZ and iHerb sell it and have user reviews. I buy a 2-month supply from the product's web site since that's the cheapest I've found for a maintenance supply.

http://www.powerofshea.com/

perchance dreamer

Here are the ingredients. The link is on the Resources page of the web site under Supplement Facts:

supplement-facts.jpg

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I have had ME for over 25 years but only developed pelvic and hip pain a year and a half ago, following a back injury. No redness, swelling, or cracking. In the past few months I have developed knee pain, which I was blaming in weight gain. :grumpy: I do not know if it is ME related.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
I'm old and I have already done that. I have osteopenia/osteoporosis. I know that makes your bones break more easily, but does it make the hurt?

cigana

Yes - I have joint pain in knees, wrists, hands, feet, shoulder (which gets worse when smells and perfumes don't agree with me), jaw, low back and especially neck. The joint pain moves around daily.

Sometimes, when I have a crash or flare up - everything hurts at once - it's not severe, but very exhausting.
In case you don't know, joint pain that moves around is symptomatic of Lyme/coinfections