• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

joint pain in fingers

K

kateaton

The last few weeks I've been getting pain in the joints of my fingers (along with some tingling/numbness at times). It seems to be getting worse. I have a questionable diagnosis of lyme.

Does anyone here, without lyme, have that? Does anyone know of any causes of that or ways to improve it?

thanks

gracenote

All shall be well . . .
The last few weeks I've been getting pain in the joints of my fingers (along with some tingling/numbness at times). It seems to be getting worse. I have a questionable diagnosis of lyme.

Does anyone here, without lyme, have that? Does anyone know of any causes of that or ways to improve it?

thanks

kateaton,

Welcome.

I don't know if this will help you or not.

I had pain in the joints of my fingers about eight years ago. There was also some swelling, and my hands and lower arms would burn, especially at night. I went to a rheumatologist. I wanted to catch it early if it was the beginning of rheumatoid arthritis. There was some indication that it was.

During this time I started taking Septra for what I thought was a sinus infection (nothing eventually showed up on the x-ray). After the 10 days on Septra, most of the swelling and pain disappeared. I took an additional 10 days of Septra to complete the process. I have not had a recurrence of that particular type of pain since.

I have to assume that the pain was caused by some sort of infection that was responsive to that particular antibiotic.

My lyme tests are equivocal.

Otis

Señor Mumbler
I get pain in the joints of fingers. I don't have lyme.

The odd thing with this pain is that I usually only get it when I wake in the morning or even if I doze off for a 10 minute nap, which is once in a blue moon. It usually resolves within 5 minutes of waking although they've been stiff all day today.

I'd be interested to see anyone gets this after sleep - my docs have no idea what the deal is with that.

Otis

flybro

i seem to get joint pain in my fingers when i take omegas too regularly.

i'm not certain of the correlation but i've noticed it a few times.

curious if anyone else had eexperinced this too

Carrigon

I'm getting inflamed nerves in my hands and I think it's caused by my thyroid medication. I just got it again after taking the pill.

Joint pain can be caused by lots of things. Even without Lyme, it can be a form of arthritis.

Min

lots of us have fibromyalgia too - sometimes I can't use my hands

leaves

Otis
same here: joint pain in fingers in the morning. Haven't had it lately. No arthritis, Lyme not sure, no omega relation I think
gracenote : yes I had the same: dissapeared with antibiotics! Came back though. Antibiotic effects never last with me.

Frickly

I had lots of pain in my hands with stiffness, ect. as well as lots of pain in rest of body. My doc told me it was a result of a mycoplasmal infection. I have been on antibiotics for a year and have the bacteria under control but it is not gone. Almost all of my pain went away after starting the antibiotics. My doctor told me that mycoplamal infections can make you feel like you have RA or MS. From my experience I think she is right.

Timaca

I can get sudden severe pain in various joints in my body....shoulder, hip, elbow, and yes, finger joints. Most recently my finger joints started hurting me very much. After a few days, they quit hurting, and my right thumb continued to hurt. That is almost gone now. I have a "probable" lyme diagnosis, along with HHV-6, EBV, HSV1, Cpn and enterovirus.

Best, Timaca

K

kateaton

thanks for all the replies. I'm thinking that it may be because I've been doing some detoxing lately and I know that some heavy metals are moving. I have a metallic taste in my mouth. I read on another forum that detoxing metals can cause inflammation and joint pain.