1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
The Pathway to Prevention (P2P) for ME/CFS: A Dangerous Process
Gabby Klein gives an overview of the P2P process, shedding light on the pitfalls with advice as to what we can do in protest ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Johnson & Johnson Will Share Clinical Trial Data

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by MeSci, Feb 4, 2014.

1. MeSci

MeSci ME/CFS since 1995; activity level 6

Cornwall, UK
    From Physician's First Watch

Valentijn, SOC, Sean and 3 others like this.
  2. Simon

Simon

Monmouth, UK
    Good article from the New York Times:
    Give the Data to the People - NYTimes.com
    [OK, so not actually giving the data to the people, but giving researchers the chance to apply for the data to an independent third party - which should stop the orginal researchers from simply blocking access to those whose views they don't like.]

The piece (written by the independent third party holding the data) adds about researchers fear over sharing eg
    Then comes the example of Medtronic, a licensced bone stimulating product that had had its original data analysis queried. The manufacturers then released all the data and Independent reviews were commissioned:
    Of course, I think of the CFS PACE trial and the reluctance to make data available to anyone because of fears the data would be 'misused'. Perhpas the PACE authors would consider releasing ALL the trial data to a third party for independent review? It could take a lot of the heat out of the situation.
    Valentijn and MeSci like this.

See more popular forum discussions.