• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

JHP POLICY ON DATA SHARING

This looks like progress to me. Moving towards up-front commitment to share quantitative trial data, and storage of the data into a data-sharing repository.

I'm not quite sure if this condition ...
The author will be required to share only those data described in the publication.
... might have a bit of a loophole in though. I would have thought it should be more along the lines of "The author will be required to share only those data described in the publication, including any data needed to fully reproduce the results described in the publication."

http://journals.sagepub.com/home/hpq

upload_2017-7-30_20-42-8.png

For a trial period of one year, from 1 July 2018, JHP will be requiring the following as conditions of consideration for publication of all empirical reports of quantitative studies in the journal. The new rules apply to studies using quantitative but not qualitative data and in mixed-methods studies will apply only to the quantitative parts of the study report.

Please note these new data sharing principles will be applied to all empirical studies, not only clinical trial report data.

1) As of 1 July 2018, manuscripts concerning clinical trials and other empirical studies that are submitted to JHP must contain a Data Sharing Statement as described below.

2) Any clinical trial that begins enrolling participants on or after 1 January 2019 must include a data sharing plan in the trial's registration.

The author will be required to share only those data described in the publication. To ensure access, the data should be uploaded to a suitable data-sharing repository such as one listed in the Registry of Research Data Repositories:
Plus more ...

https://uk.sagepub.com/sites/default/files/data-sharing_policy_for_jhp_june_2017.pdf

Not sure. It's not in force yet until next year anyway. Although I suppose just publishing the principle sends a strong message.