• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jeri McClure Kurre's CFSAC Testimony

slayadragon

A year ago, Jeri McClure Kurre was mostly housebound with severe, classic, documented ME/CFS including PEM. In desperation, she decided to give Erik Johnson's "crazy" mold avoidance suggestions a try. She flew with her husband from her home in Wheeling, WV, and spent two weeks tent camping with all new stuff in Death Valley, CA. Within a few days, she was hiking all day every day, swimming, consuming beer and gluten without her usual reactivities, all with (based on my observations when I joined her) apparent boundless energy.

She then went back to her home in Wheeling and got very sick again. She stayed with a relative for a while and did somewhat better, moved back into the bad house for a bit (again getting very sick), and finally moved to another place there. She says she's doing well back there, but was happy to spend some more time tent camping and hiking in Death Valley a couple of weeks ago.

Today, she gave a live testimony in D.C. to the CFS Advisory Committee (to the U.S. Secretary of Health). She said,

>Incline Village survivor Erik Johnson, who served as a prototype for the syndrome, noticed a peculiar phenomenon in regards to biotoxins. He devised a strategy in response to it which enabled him to achieve such an astounding recovery that he is able to climb mountains. Thanks to his work and persistence there are now quite a few CFS patients who have used his techniques to achieve recovery. We are not cured. However, many of us who were severely disabled are now able to live near normal lives. I think that it’s about time that researchers start looking into this. It seems to me that discarding evidence for decades on a horrific, life-destroying disease is downright negligent. I want to know why NO doctors and NO researchers are telling patients about this.

Congratulations to Jeri on her great testimony and on reclaiming a decent life!

http://cfsuntied.com/blog2/2012/06/13/cfsac-jeri-mcclure-kurres-testimony/