• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jennifer brea- does anyone know what treatments she is doing?

alice111

given her latest updates it seems Jen has been having some pretty tremendous I improvements.
I heard her interview on NPR and she mentioned various things she has done including moving to a dry climate, and antiviral (can't remeber which one.. )

Does anyone know what else she has done, and what she feels is responsible for her improvements?

SDSue

Southeast
I saw her tweeting some things, too, and had the same questions. I looked back over her tweets and couldn't find an answer. I'll be following!

She has done so many things! It seems like she has tried everything because she had the financial means, and has the supportive husband.

She has done FAR saunas.

Coffee enemas.

I believe she has an oxygen tank and it helps her not crash as easily or as hard.

Many dietary changes.

Chlorella.

She said magnesium was big for her but I don't know what else was the biggest for her, besides moving.

xena

i think she is doing some form of mold avoidance from her facebook page. she's really a champ for doing this documentary.

Starlight

It's good to read these posts and get some idea about what has helped Jen. Would love to be able to try some of the drugs.

perrier

She has done so many things! It seems like she has tried everything because she had the financial means, and has the supportive husband.

She has done FAR saunas.

Coffee enemas.

I believe she has an oxygen tank and it helps her not crash as easily or as hard.

Many dietary changes.

Chlorella.

She said magnesium was big for her but I don't know what else was the biggest for her, besides moving.
You say moving: from where to where? I thought her husband was at Harvard.

You say moving: from where to where? I thought her husband was at Harvard.

Well my post was written over 2.5 years ago, and when I wrote it, it was already in the past. She had done the mold-avoidance thing and moved to a few different dry places. I can't remember exactly where but something like Arizona.

I read that she is perusing “ mold avoidance” . If you go to Paradigm Change and Erik Johnson’s Facebook group it is discussed. I am 53 year old Mom and my kids are in high school. Moving to an rv Park in Joshua Tree Ca is my

winter fantasy but not my reality. I have 2 teeenagers in NJ and a husband with a job in NJ .

However moving to a home closer to the Jersey shore with good “ outdoor “ sleeping spaces . Instead of “perfect” trying to find good enough. Moving to Medford Nj next to the pine barrens.
I see many people scared of all the details and looking for the ideal but just getting out of the bad mold might be better than nothing or not doing anything due to fear.

Until more research is done on this it is a guessing game. Mold avoidance was huge for me but in no way can anyone say anything is “ the answer”.
If money and family were no object I would be out in the desert now.
I am going to go back on valtrex starting Wednesday.
Like everyone else I look at what the most prominent and well connected are doing and copy them.
Sorry to hear Jen is still struggling but as we all know this takes time.