• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jennie Spotila: "2015 NIH Spending on ME/CFS Studies"

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Jennie Spotila said:
Since Dr. Collins’s announcement in October 2015 that NIH was renewing its focus on ME/CFS, I’ve been wondering when we would see that reflected in concrete, tangible action. In my opinion, the easiest thing to measure is the money. How much did NIH spend in 2015 on ME/CFS grants, and what did they spend it on?

The surprising news is that in fiscal year 2015, NIH spent $6,470,000 on ME/CFS grants, an increase of 20% over fiscal year 2014. But even this level of increase is too small to get us to our appropriate funding level any time soon...

Read more at:

http://www.occupycfs.com/2016/02/17/2015-nih-spending-on-mecfs-studies/

Justin30

Needs more like double the funding of MS based on overall statistical data.

So probably over 200 million would be fare and representative of the overall impact...

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Needs more like double the funding of MS based on overall statistical data.

So probably over 200 million would be fare and representative of the overall impact...

Someone calculated it pro rata with MS (I think) and it's $250 million. You can sign a petition about it on meaction.net (which I can't load at the moment!).