• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jen Brea: What happens when you have a disease doctors can't diagnose - TED Talk!

A.B.

It looks like the servers are down due to the video going viral.

I haven't watched it yet. I think the title is brilliant because it speaks to a broader audience that may not have a particular interest in ME.

Very compelling and moving. Thank you so much @JenB for this one-of-a-kind piece of advocacy. Historical, even.

I found everything great about this presentation, and loved this one part in particular:

"Chronic fatigue syndrome... For decades that's the name that meant that this (picture of someone falling asleep on a computer) has been the dominant image of a disease that can be as serious as this (picture of Whitney Dafoe…)."

What a powerful sequence…Brilliant.

Mel9

@JenB

Don't worry. I am waiting for the official link. I don't want it to be hit by a copyright notice.

PS I totally didn't cry during your talk *sniffle*.

Thank you so much. I could feel your fatigue deep in my bones. You are a superstar!

I got Very emotional too. I loved the way the audience was clapping noiselessly for Jen.