• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

jarrow- did it change???

SaraM

I put a new 5000 mcg jarrow tab under my tongue, and it disappears in just a few minutes. Maybe that is why it is not as effective as it used to be.

Asklipia

I tried Enzymatic Therapy 1 mg a few days ago. Much better than Jarrow 1 mg. About the same as Solgar I would say.
I seem to need 3 mg Jarrow mb12 to get the same effect as 1 mg ET and Solgar.

Update to Enzymatic Therapy B12 infusion. My daughter recently ordered these and hers had the normal pink color. So maybe mine were overheated during shippng (doubtful since it was march), or maybe it was a temporary manufacturing glitch, or some other thing. At any rate, I'm trying other brands to see if I do well with them.

Asklipia

my ET pill was white, not pink, but it worked perfectly. I bought that batch in March too.

pela

Hi, I'm new here. I've been reading for awhile and I am in week 9 of the active B protocol. I starting buying Jarrow Methyl B12 5000 is early May.
I haven't had any issues with Jarrow 5000 mcg. and wonder if I missed something, or if only one batch or so is not as good. Would the people who feel their Jarrow isn't as good be willing to post the lot number and expiration date of the bottle they didn't like? I have some bottles of 46896b12 02/2014, and it seems to work just fine. One tab lasts up to 2 hours between my cheek and gums.
I am also using Enzymatic Therapy methyl B12 1000 mcg, and that kind works, too. I've gotten both the white and the pink tabs.

Crux

Hi Y'all;
It looks like my batch is older : 46278I11 09/2013 (5000 mcg) Jarrow's Methyl B-12.

I'm not sure if it's even 1/5 the strength it was prior.

I've realized that many other symptoms of B12 deficiency occurred over several months before my fall. My husband also noticed a return of some symptoms. He doesn't have CFS, but he did have some milder neurological symptoms.

We're very satisfied with the AOR brand that Sparrow and L'Engle recommended. It would be great if it could be more easily obtained. I'll make a suggestion to iherb.

freshveggies

This is what Jarrow said to me:

Thanks for your inquiry. Nothing has changed in the formula. However, things do change in the body as metabolism changes. When B12 levels are initially restored it can have a dramatic effect. This can subside with continued usage, so other health issues may still need to be addressed. In any event, please kindly provide the lot number on your bottle so we can log your information should new information come to light.

arx

Hi guys,

I want some suggestions on which methyl b12 should I order next. I started off with NOW foods 1mg sublingual and experienced a lot of startup effects(nerve twitching,etc.). Next, I switched to Jarrow 1 mg as it is mentioned and recommended by most of the people here. However, I did not experience startup effects as I did with NOW. Next, I switched again to NOW and I am experiencing the effects once again. The lot # on my Jarrow is 47092C12 03/2014 and the bottles are plastic.

Do the effects mean that my body responds to the NOW foods mb12 better than Jarrow?

I live in India and have only limited choices of mb12 to choose from.I am taking around 4000 mcg/day(four 1mg NOW sublinguals)and would like to increase my dose.The following options are available here:

1. NOW foods mb12 1000mcg
2. Jarrow 1000mcg mb12
3. Jarrow 5000mcg mb12
4. Country Life mb12 3000 mcg( this has 400 mcg of folic acid also,which I guess is not good)

I was planning to order the 5000 mcg Jarrow, but my personal experience with the 1000 mcg Jarrow and this thread has raised a lot of doubt in my head about the effectiveness of Jarrow.

Should I stick with NOW foods,go for Jarrow, or try out Country Life mb12?

I would like to know your thoughts on this.
Thanks a lot.

what are everyones ' thoughts on the brand of vitamns ''docter's best'' I'm about to order some solqar ethyl b12 and I want free shipping from iherb so was gonna refill my vitamin d. doctor's best is 12 dollars for a 180 supply...while solgar brand is 13 bucks for a 120 supply. should i go for the solgar or is dr's best fine(for vit d)

Asklipia

Hi guys,

I want some suggestions on which methyl b12 should I order next. I started off with NOW foods 1mg sublingual and experienced a lot of startup effects(nerve twitching,etc.). Next, I switched to Jarrow 1 mg as it is mentioned and recommended by most of the people here. However, I did not experience startup effects as I did with NOW. Next, I switched again to NOW and I am experiencing the effects once again. The lot # on my Jarrow is 47092C12 03/2014 and the bottles are plastic.

Do the effects mean that my body responds to the NOW foods mb12 better than Jarrow?

I live in India and have only limited choices of mb12 to choose from.I am taking around 4000 mcg/day(four 1mg NOW sublinguals)and would like to increase my dose.The following options are available here:

1. NOW foods mb12 1000mcg
2. Jarrow 1000mcg mb12
3. Jarrow 5000mcg mb12
4. Country Life mb12 3000 mcg( this has 400 mcg of folic acid also,which I guess is not good)

I was planning to order the 5000 mcg Jarrow, but my personal experience with the 1000 mcg Jarrow and this thread has raised a lot of doubt in my head about the effectiveness of Jarrow.

Should I stick with NOW foods,go for Jarrow, or try out Country Life mb12?

I would like to know your thoughts on this.

Hi arx, I have never tried the NOW brand, but I have noticed that the Jarrow mb12 was not satisfactory. Compared to Solgar and now to Enzymatic Therapy. This is compared to two different other brands. So I think the problem is in the Jarrow. I cannot tell you what to do! But if I had a choice, I would not buy any more Jarrow, 1mg or 5 mg (I suppose it is the same stuff x 5). I would stay clear of folic acid, not because I get a bad reaction to it, I don't (at least I don't notice it now but I have a theory building up).
So this would leave me with the NOW brand. You have tried it and it seems to work. I would stick to that for the moment.
Be well!
Asklipia
:devil: FFP :devil:

Adster

I just opened a new bottle of Jarrow 1mg, it tastes different to the last bottle. It's less sweet, even a bit salty tasting. I have some Life Extension brand 5mg tabs on the way to try, also some mb12 drops from a local compounding pharmacy.

Wow, after reading how Jarrow and Enzymatic Therapy were the BEST from Fredd so many times, those are the 2 I went and bought, and now I see this post...I have nothing to compare them to, as I am just starting the pills and my journey of what is wrong with me, but I hope they work for me. I take both of them, 1 mg

So, Fredd is the one who tested Jarrow and ET does anyone know what he is saying now?? Or which brand is rated best now????? Does he post here still?? He was so adamant that those 2 were the best that I am just wondering what his opinion is on this now.....?

arx

He does post here and I would like to know his opinion too. Haven't seen him online for 20 days or so, guess he will be back in some days.

pela

Freddd did indeed weigh in on this topic, back on page 2 of this thread, message 35. I have been hoping someone would step up and do some testing as he suggests. I do not have enough experience or I would happily do some testing! Maybe someone has some guidelines?
So far, people have recommended methylb12 from AOR, Now Foods, Solgar and Bluebonnet. Am I correct in assuming none of these brands were in Freddd's original tests? If so it would make sense to test them rather than the ones that got a one or a zero last time.
Any other brands that people are having success with?

oh, thanks, yes, Fredd did post, he said he is no longer able to do the testing on himself anymore as he is too healed and not B12 sensitive anymore.

I guess we have to go on trial and error on ourselves. :(

Phred

Hi arx,

I haven't tried this, but I looked at the ingredients. It has folic acid. I think both Freddd and Rich are saying to stay away from folic acid.