• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

jarrow- did it change???

lately arrow has seemed a lot less cherry-ey...and is less effective...I also did not find cotton balls in my latest two bottles despite a series of seals being there?

thinking of trying vitacost brand methyl.

Crux

Hi,

I beginning to wonder about this too... For the past few days, I've been having some nerve tingling, and some nerve vibrations.
I did notice that the flavor was milder with less tang. I wondered if Jarrow had changed the formula to a less acidic type because some people are sensitive to citric acid.

Luckily, I have some subs. of hydroxycobalamin on hand, because I'm not sure if doubling the jarrow's will work.

I don't know what to think of this....I'm concerned...

Has anyone else noticed a problem?

roxie60

sounds like you guys are talking about B12 (plesae specify which Jarrow cause many are using a variety of supps from Jarrow and will get more specific replies to your ?).

Crux

Hi,

Yes, we are discussing Jarrow's Methyl-B12, methylcobalamin.

I've used many Jarrow's products, and I've found all of them to be very effective. I'm uncomfortable bringing this up, but I feel I must, because I'm very dependent on this product.

roxie60

Totally understandable, doesn't take much for many of us to get 'out of whack' with what may seem like small changes to others. Hope you get an answer soon, it is frustrating to have something that worked and then you can tell 'something' has changed (was it the supp, was it your system, was it high tide.....)

Phred

Does heat affect the vitamins? I took my Jarrow for the first time today. I know my vitamins went all over the States and were then sent from Houston. That's quite a journey in a lot of heat. I know I have b12 pumping through me, but it wasn't quite what I was expecting. I can only compare it to the brand I was taking before today. I thought it might have more a "kick" than I got. I know mine got pretty hot as the milk duds my friend sent with the vitamins were melted into one globulous mass stuck to the box. So maybe heat has affected them?

Crux

Hi Y'all ;

I Emailed Jarrow and asked if they had changed the formula at all. When they reply, I'll report here.

Methylcobalamin is vulnerable to heat and light, so that could affect the potency.

Since it could also be that I now need a higher dosage, I'm going to increase it and observe.

Sparrow

I don't think I've noticed any differences, but I take a combo of two brands of methyl B12, so that could have something to do with it.

I do know that when I ran out of my AOR methyl B12 and was just using two of the Jarrow instead, my overall functioning took a dive. I think I'm going to switch to just the AOR once my next bottle of Jarrow runs out. Apparently there's been a bigger difference between them than I thought, and with such a key piece of the puzzle it doesn't seem worth it to mess around.

Crux

Hi Sparrow;

Thanks for the tip about the AOR brand. I've been trying to brace myself for having to switch to injections. I dread the process.

After posting, I worried that I may have been alarmist about the Jarrows Mb12. I hope I'm wrong.

Did you notice a difference in the tablet? Was the color less pink? Did it dissolve more slowly?

L'engle

moogle
I take AOR as well. You can get 15mg tablets, so you can get closer to an injectionlike amount with only a few tablets. They still feel like they're eroding my teeth though :rolleyes:

Victronix

Hi,

I just wrote to Jarrow because I noticed a huge change for the worse in the 1000 mcgs that I take (5/day spaced out) and it basically started when they switched from glass to plastic. When that first happened I noticed that the effectiveness was really decreased and stopped taking the pills in plastic from iherb and was able to get new ones at the local market that were still in the glass bottles, and then it was fine again, so I thought it was just a bad batch or something, but now *everywhere* only has plastic! Even Whole Foods. I had no where to turn and so have been forced to increase my dosage by another full pill per day, which now will take 2 weeks to adjust to.

I recommend people complain directly to Jarrow, or ask what the problem is. I filled out the webpage form and didn't get any response, so now, have emailed . . . . http://www.jarrow.com/contactus

Victronix

Does anyone use Solgar methyl B-12? Solgar's website says:

Recyclable Amber Glass Bottles. Our recyclable glass bottles are non-leaching, non-porous, and odorless. Although these "old style" medicine bottles cost more, Solgar uses them because they protect against heat, light, and moisture.

Sounds good!

Meanwhile, Jarrow's website says, on the front page, at the bottom, with two small flags, one US and one Israeli:

Jarrow Formulas is a proud supporter of US-Israel relations

Although we all want peace and not war, good relations between nations in general, these two countries have massive war budgets and don't hide the fact that they violate international laws almost constantly. So I was disappointed to see this.

Anyway, I've used Jarrow products for quite awhile and I'm starting to be concerned now with their decision to impact people's health to -- apparently -- save money and use plastic, which is porous, instead of glass.

Asklipia

Does anyone use Solgar methyl B-12?
I started with Solgar mb12 1 mg, the only brand available where I live and was very happy with it. Then following the advice on this forum I switched to Jarrow 1 mg. It did come in a plastic bottle.
I was disappointed with the response my body had to it and did not find it as effective as the Solgar. But I was supposing the reason for this was because I was getting used to the mb12 supplementation.
I shall try taking a Solgar mb12 this afternoon (I still have some with me) to find out if I get the old effect again.
Thanks for pointing this out.
Asklipia

Since I last posted how Jarrow B12 helped my IBS, I seem to have relapsed and like you, Asklipia, thought I was 'getting used to it'. But after reading this thread I realized that when I had started taking the Jarrow again which resulted in my most recent improvements that I posted about, it was in the glass bottle that I had bought a year prior but had only used sporadically. When I ran out of that, I ordered another, but it was in the plastic.

So I am going to start using the 1mg Enzymatic Therapy I bought and see what happens.

One question: What is AOR, is that the brand name or is the just the initials that stand for something else?

Crux

Hi Y'all ;
Now I'm becoming more convinced that there's a problem with the jarrow's Mb12. Yesterday I took 10mg. of the sublinguals. I usually take 5mg. Last night, I had another episode of parasthesia. At 3:30 a.m., I awoke, and stood up to go to the bathroom. Then, I had a strong OI episode and fell back onto the bed. I'm still trying to sort out the possibilities for the cause of this, because I haven't had an episode this severe in over a year.

I suspect the jarrow's mb12 is now ineffective, because my parasthesia and OI/vertigo was alleviated by B12 in the past.

I ordered an mb12 from AOR yesterday. Actually, I ordered through Amazon. It is a Canadian company and looks to be quite reputable. Since Sparrow and L'engle recommend it, and I highly value their opinions, I'm going to try it.

But I would like to believe that there are many more reputable companies that sell a good form of sublingual B12. I know that Enzymatic Therapy is highly recommended. I've used some of Solgar's products and liked them, but I haven't tried their sublingual B12.

I think it would be very helpful if we could continue to compare our results with various B12 sublinguals, now that we've detected a problem with jarrow's.

Thanks Folks!

Ema,
I have not, but I'm afraid to try anything that has not been tested in this forum, as I respect all the knowledge and experience here. And I'm a relative newbie to this MB12 and MFol so can't offer a whole lot of advice.

Ema

Ema,
I have not, but I'm afraid to try anything that has not been tested in this forum, as I respect all the knowledge and experience here. And I'm a relative newbie to this MB12 and MFol so can't offer a whole lot of advice.

I did order the Bluebonnet. According to the woman at Whole Foods here, she switched to that brand in a glass bottle after Jarrow changed as well and she has been satisfied with it. Now whether or not that means anything in terms of efficacy is up for debate still.

I wonder if Freddd or someone else could repeat the testing on the new Jarrow brand?

PS As a descendant of Anne Bradstreet, I like your quote!