• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jarred Younger's Take On The Rituximab Trials

A.B.

Something else interesting in the video @JPV posted earlier in this thread.

About midway (39:21 mark) into the presentation, Dr. Younger shows a slide with a list of drugs he said could potentially be used in human trials to calm activated microglia (as opposed to addressing leptin directly):

Naltrexone
Minocycline
Ibudilast
Dextromethorphan
Rifampin
Propentofylline
Ceftriaxone
Glatiramer acetate

A number of those (bolded) are also antibiotics that Dr. Kenny de Meirleir (KDM) uses in his treatment of chronic Lyme and related. Interesting overlap there.

Tetracycline antibiotics also form insoluble complexes with aluminum, which is a suspect contributor to activated microglia / neuroinflammation / neurodegenerative processes.

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/946598?dopt=Abstract

EtherSpin

I'm not convinced , seems a little adapted to fit rather than a logical conclusion - I do find his research absolutely fascinating separately to this particular sub topic . IF he is correct though. That would be excellent as presumably LDN and ritux would constitute a great knock out combo

Marky90

Science breeds knowledge, opinion breeds ignorance
I'm not convinced , seems a little adapted to fit rather than a logical conclusion - I do find his research absolutely fascinating separately to this particular sub topic . IF he is correct though. That would be excellent as presumably LDN and ritux would constitute a great knock out combo

LDN does not seem to help significantly for the majority of ME-patients, from my experience..

EtherSpin

LDN does not seem to help significantly for the majority of ME-patients, from my experience..
I got it in an emergency situation and it changed big things overnight (literally - dreams returned during the night, I woke next day to no vertigo,memory loss 70% better, temperature intolerance gone) and these things stick only while I remain on it. BUT unlike a select few friends who swear by it, I get no energy benefit at all.

M Paine

I'm equally as skeptical about the b-cell tie in theory. But I don't doubt the significance of the leptin findings. Very interesting to watch that video from earlier, and to muse about the possible connection to translocation of commensal gut microbiota