• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Jarred Younger's LDN pilot study now recruiting / blinded placebo trial.

Kati

Patient in training
Dr Younger posted this video and note on Facebook today:

New youtube video on low-dose naltrexone (LDN) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)!

I posted a short video today that covers our new study. We will be testing low-dose naltrexone on 30 women with ME/CFS. The study starts in January 2017. Feel free to check it out via the link below.

- Jarred Younger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95OlnK-FEdk

Essentially in order to enroll in the study, you must be able to go to Birmingham, Alabama on a monthly basis for visits. This is a small pilot study. They enroll 30 women who have fatigue predominance over pain. You will not know whether you receive a placebo or low dose naltrexone until the end of the trial. A larger, more inclusive trial may ensue if the pilot has good results.

If you are interested watch the video, there is a contact number.

trishrhymes

So many good things about this trial, making it's clear it's a pilot, but big enough to show if there's any effect worth following up, proper double blinding with lots of feedback, both quick questionnaire and regular blood tests etc etc. I'm really impressed with what I've seen of Jarred Younger's methods. Hope he gets results ...