Phoenix Rising supports the Millions Missing global day of protest
Phoenix Rising is delighted to support the demands being made in the ME/CFS community’s first-ever global day of protest …
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Jarred Younger's LDN pilot study now recruiting / blinded placebo trial.

Discussion in 'Active Clinical Studies' started by Kati, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Kati

Kati Patient in training

Dr Younger posted this video and note on Facebook today:

New youtube video on low-dose naltrexone (LDN) for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS)!

I posted a short video today that covers our new study. We will be testing low-dose naltrexone on 30 women with ME/CFS. The study starts in January 2017. Feel free to check it out via the link below.

- Jarred Younger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95OlnK-FEdk

Essentially in order to enroll in the study, you must be able to go to Birmingham, Alabama on a monthly basis for visits. This is a small pilot study. They enroll 30 women who have fatigue predominance over pain. You will not know whether you receive a placebo or low dose naltrexone until the end of the trial. A larger, more inclusive trial may ensue if the pilot has good results.

If you are interested watch the video, there is a contact number.

2. trishrhymes

trishrhymes Senior Member

UK
    So many good things about this trial, making it's clear it's a pilot, but big enough to show if there's any effect worth following up, proper double blinding with lots of feedback, both quick questionnaire and regular blood tests etc etc. I'm really impressed with what I've seen of Jarred Younger's methods. Hope he gets results ...

See more popular forum discussions.