1. Patients launch a $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
ME/CFS and the Magic of the Canine Factor
There's been plenty of research indicating that having pets is good for your health. I never really noticed any particular benefits to having cats, though that may have had more to do with my cats. They've been fairly indifferent to my presence and we've shared a live-and-let-live...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Japanese forest bathing

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by urbantravels, Jan 14, 2011.

1. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I just read about this in Landscape Architecture magazine, a weekly missive I still get from my former career.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but I quoted the relevant bits above.

http://www.zinio.com/pages/LandscapeArchitecture/Jan-11/416152063/pg-24
  2. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Thanks, Urbantravels--a lovely and simple idea--maybe connected with that "Earthing" thread; the link took me to the magazine, but I could not find a quick way to that particular section, so gave up. But the simplest and most agreeable way of raising NK cell count I have come across, though curcumin and high alpha whey are up there too. I gather, however, that our real problem is not so much the NK count as NK function or cytotoxicity, and I wonder if those tree oils work on that too? In any case, a slow relaxed walk in the forest can't but be good for our total selves. Best, Chris
  3. sensing progress

sensing progress Senior Member

Tucson, AZ
    I thought there were going to be actual bathtubs involved. Either way, I'd give it a try.
  4. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Beautiful idea, urbantravels.

I lie in bed and fantasize about returning to one of the few tracts of old growth forest in the state, Dysart Woods.

See more popular forum discussions.