1. Patients launch $1.27 million crowdfunding campaign for ME/CFS gut microbiome study.
    Check out the website, Facebook and Twitter. Join in donate and spread the word!
Hyperparathyroidism: An Often Overlooked Differential Diagnosis to ME/CFS
Andrew Gladman puts hyperparathyroidism under the microscope, exploring what the disease is, how it can mimic ME/CFS in presentation and how it is treated.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Japanese forest bathing

Discussion in 'Alternative Therapies' started by urbantravels, Jan 14, 2011.

1. urbantravels

urbantravels disjecta membra

Los Angeles, CA
    I just read about this in Landscape Architecture magazine, a weekly missive I still get from my former career.

I'm not sure if this link will work, but I quoted the relevant bits above.

http://www.zinio.com/pages/LandscapeArchitecture/Jan-11/416152063/pg-24
  2. Chris

Chris Senior Member

Victoria, BC
    Thanks, Urbantravels--a lovely and simple idea--maybe connected with that "Earthing" thread; the link took me to the magazine, but I could not find a quick way to that particular section, so gave up. But the simplest and most agreeable way of raising NK cell count I have come across, though curcumin and high alpha whey are up there too. I gather, however, that our real problem is not so much the NK count as NK function or cytotoxicity, and I wonder if those tree oils work on that too? In any case, a slow relaxed walk in the forest can't but be good for our total selves. Best, Chris
  3. sensing progress

sensing progress Senior Member

Tucson, AZ
    I thought there were going to be actual bathtubs involved. Either way, I'd give it a try.
  4. Merry

Merry Senior Member

Columbus, Ohio, USA
    Beautiful idea, urbantravels.

I lie in bed and fantasize about returning to one of the few tracts of old growth forest in the state, Dysart Woods.

See more popular forum discussions.