• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Janis B. on Pursuing Methylation

slayadragon

Janis blogs with some updated thoughts on making decisions about pursuing methylation.

>Are you wondering whether you should try methylation support, and if so, whose protocol to follow? If so, this blog might help you get a handle on what to avoid and how to go about it systematically.

>On blogs and internet discussion groups, I read of others who were having tremendous detox with methylation support. Some were experiencing huge bursts in energy after a few rocky days. Why not me?

It was around this time that Dr. Vinitsky identified mold as an issue causing my condition and set me on the path of remediating my Ohio house. Six months later, I left it to experience life in the great outdoors where I watched many of my long-term CFS symptoms go into temporary remission. Since then, Ive been bumbling around with methylation support, unsure which protocol to follow. When I was camping and not going anyplace, I seemed to be able to increase B12 and 5-MTHF week by week. As soon as I started looking at houses in the hope of moving beyond tent camping, Id get hyper and decide to stop everything, or cut down on B12 until I was taking a tiny piece of a pill. What could be blocking methylation?

>Those practicing avoidance for a long time say you have to be in a good place to get detox to occur. What I think they mean is that, if the body is involved in a chronic inflammatory reaction, you will not detox. Im so sensitive that, when I enter buildings, I often get a delayed reaction hours later. Often I dont smell or feel anything at the time. Sometimes I do. Either way, I find myself hours later feeling edgy, or blue, or hyper, or congested.

>Some people can stop these delayed reactions by showering and washing their hair immediately after leaving the place. The key is to get out quickly and clean up quickly. To do this, one has to have some realization that the place is, or could be, an immune system trigger. My downfall is that I forget until at 3 am, Im not sleeping and feeling miserable.

http://cfsmethylation.blogspot.com/2012/04/bumbling-around-methylation.html